WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
2481 - 2500 of 3856 Posts

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Don't ask how I accidentally bid too high past my max bid on this one, but it's coming to me in the mail now.
Apparently it's not winding so I will need to do some repairs.
Any thoughts on the lume color? It looks a little suspicious to me.
The watch looks good :-! I had that one on my "observe list", but I've got a black near mint, or mint 3AKA3 on it's way from the US ...... as for the lume; you have to see it in reality, the light can play tricks. At first glance it doesn't look too bad. Perhaps the hands are a bit darker, but if the dial is re-lumed, they've done a very nice job ;-)
As long as the dial is fine, the rest is fixable and I'm sure that you'll get it to work ! ..... :)

Reactions: 24h

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
The waiting is over !!!! :-! :)

Today I received the two in superb condition CCCP Komandirskies out of the US; never been touched ! :-!

According to the add they both needed a new battery :roll:
Okay, I can do that ! :-d

The pictures don't justify how nice they in reality are !
I like to hang on to the Blue textured sub, the 3AKA3 MO CCCP Tankist goes for sale ......

Happy camper here in DK ;-)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,880 Posts
The waiting is over !!!! :-! :)

Today I received the two in superb condition CCCP Komandirskies out of the US; never been touched ! :-!

According to the add they both needed a new battery :roll:
Okay, I can do that ! :-d

The pictures don't justify how nice they in reality are !
I like to hang on to the Blue textured sub, the 3AKA3 MO CCCP Tankist goes for sale ......

Happy camper here in DK ;-)
They are both lovely, however I'm more drawn to the textured dial :) The ageing on that lume is simply glorious, almost tasting like caramel :-!

Great catches the both of them :)

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
I'm more drawn to the textured dial :)
So am I, hence the Tankist goes for sale .... It was a package deal, so what can you do when you really, really like the textured sub ? :-s

I'm sure that there are Tankist-collectors out there who don't mind a very nice clean 3AKA3 MO CCCP Tankist watch .... it would make 2 people happy :)

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Remember this VDV I bought a few weeks back for $5 all in? https://www.watchuseek.com/f10/what-did-you-buy-today-4496907-247.html

Well, it had a bend hair-spring; hence it was sold as a none-runner. Straightened the hair-spring a bit and it runs again. On top of that it actually has a very nice dial ......... it shows some aging cracks, but the colors are still very vibrant and no damage. The lume is the original :-!

No complains here :-d

Attachments

·
Registered
732 Posts
After doing so well on my last Raketa 2603 attempt (lol), I thought I would try again. In the mail, seller's photos:

sellers front.jpg

sellers back.jpg

I couldn't find a catalog entry for this watch, but it seems to be the same as a Mayak ChN-1121K from the big 1960 catalog - except, of course, for the fact that it is Raketa branded and thus post-1962. There's thus a transitional quality that I find interesting - is this what 1963-64 looks like?

I'm not 100% sure on the movement - I'm a little suspicious of the simultaneity of the loss of striping and the shift from PChZ to Raketa-marked bridges that a comparison of this with the preceding Mayaks and Svets would imply, although that would also make a certain amount of sense.

Obviously, it's dirty - I'm hoping that the face numerals/indicies clean up a bit, and that the...substance...on the back of the lugs is merely grime rather than plating loss. Also, it was listed as "for parts/service, works" - we'll see what that means, but I didn't pay very much for it.

2481 - 2500 of 3856 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.