WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Rolex Submariner,

I have spent close to 4 years searching & asking questions on here as to any other watches or brands I could possibly try but I find there is nothing that can beat it.

The only thing I would really love is a watch which isn't expensive for when I'm on holidays etc or travelling on business however unless you can suggest something im just going take my chance with the sub...

I have bought several so called beaters however I just end up putting the rolex back on!!

What do fellow owners use for situations like this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I bought my first Rolex (Sub) in the early eighties and wore it around the world many, many times.
I sleep, eat, shower, work, travel, play, dive, etc....and never remove it.
Then bought an Explorer-II in the mid nineties and wore it most of the time for the next 20 years.
Since 2015, I bought some new watches and rotate between an Ex-I &Ex-II....again...wearing them no matter where or what I’m doing.

WEARING them full time is why I buy this brand....

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
I wear a Seiko quartz for work around the house. I wear my Rolex for every other occasion. Looking to add a second that is smaller and I plan to do the same with that

·
Registered
562 Posts
Wear your Sub - just take reasonable precautions.

Don’t wear it if you are laying pavers in the garden or walking down a dangerous area with short sleeves on.

·
Registered
12,050 Posts
Rolex sports watches are made to be tough and robust.

Your Rolex Submariner will take a good beating.

Wear it with pride anywhere!

·
Registered
215 Posts
I am a huge fan of Seiko watches, especially the marinemaster lineup. Alot of people compare it to Rolex, but to each their own of course. I personally love my MM Tunas the most as they are versatile, durable and just a treat to have. They are a tad costy however, but they are wrapped in a protective shroud so it gives you a stronger sense of security. I have known a few people who absolutely hate the look, and hate how big it is. I guess it can be considered as an acquired taste.

Regardless, THat's just me though, as I tend to baby my Tudor, Omega and Rolex watches and only wear them in indoor settings. If I go for a run, a swim, vacation or whatnot where I could potentially accidentally scratch or damage the watch, then I would always opt for the MM Tuna. B

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
The whole point of getting a Rolex sport watch is to beat them down on adventures.

The only time I take a "beater" with me, is for security reasons in some countries, usually take my Samurai, both robust and water resistant.

Reactions: Tohono Rat

·
Registered
511 Posts
My Rolex Submariner,

I have spent close to 4 years searching & asking questions on here as to any other watches or brands I could possibly try but I find there is nothing that can beat it.

The only thing I would really love is a watch which isn't expensive for when I'm on holidays etc or travelling on business however unless you can suggest something im just going take my chance with the sub...

I have bought several so called beaters however I just end up putting the rolex back on!!

buy another one... 1 to rock, 1 to stock.

cheers!

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Gshock.

If you must go more upscale look for something titanium and on a rubber strap. The sub is heavy and straps beat bracelets easily in terms carefree wearing. My Apple Watch is much more comfortable than any Rolex I have ever owned, including the sub, because it’s super light and the rubber strap is damn comfortable.

Titanium, rubber strap.

This maybe.

https://www.omegawatches.com/watch-omega-seamaster-aqua-terra-150m-omega-master-co-axial-38-5-mm-23192392104001

Or maybe a Pelagos on rubber.

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Is the issue that you are worried something will happen to it or is it really that you just want suggestions for a new watch?

In all cases I bought a Tudor BB and after some time just stopped wearing it except for here and there.

Have two IWC Ingies. Again not as good a fit.

I would suggest just wearing your sub if you love it. My explorer I has a small ding due to a mishap... it makes it more mine.

Watches, cars, boats... they cant be treated as statues or comicbooks.

·
Registered
118 Posts
My Rolex Submariner,

I don't like to travel with an expensive watch. Airport security is a hassle, and depending on the destination I may not feel safe wearing it. I have a "good but nothing special" GMT watch that I inherited that is my travel watch. Helps me to track my home time, I don't have to worry about it too much but it's still a nice watch with sentimental value that I enjoy wearing.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I have to agree with the majority of posts.. Just got to wear it and enjoy it! YOLO

1 - 20 of 45 Posts