WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, not totally sure what I have here. Long story short, I bought a pocket watch, then traded it for this. After I brought this one home, I quickly realized that vintage is not my thing. I'm thinking about selling it or trying to trade it for something else, but literally know nothing about it.

Anything you guys can tell me would be awesome. Have you ever seen one of these before?

It says "Armand Duval" on the dial by the way.

MVC-001-2F.jpg
MVC-001F.jpg
MVC-002F-resized.jpg
MVC-003F.jpg

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Nice watch but the silver hands and silver numbers on silver dial might make it a little difficult to read at times.

Felsa Bidynator automatic movement

Stainless steel case

The Marc Nicolet name on the case and movement might make it attractive to Nicolet collectors

In your sales / trade posts don't forget to list the case diameter and whether it keeps time or not.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the responses. Any idea on the age of the watch? I know you arent supposed to give out valuations, but if im interested in modern diver automatics, what would be a fair trade? I just want to not get ripped off, and have it go to someone who will enjoy it.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
285 Posts
Hi,
You've got Felsa 690 Bidynator inside and they started production of them in 1942, this particular one is probably from early 1960'.
Armand Duval as a brand was registered in 1952 in Boston, but as we can see this watch was manufactured in Switzerland.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Hi!

A nice watch! Typical 1950s design with the pan pie dial and the Dauphine hands. My assumption is 1953-55 - in 1955, the Felsa 1560/1 family came as follow up of the old Bidynators.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts