WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We were doing the secret Santa at work and the name that I pulled was of a gentleman who has worn the same Timex expedition digital watch probably for the last 15 years. I had heard him talking about wanting something a little nicer and he often comments on my watches. So, I thought I would try him out with this model. So what are your thoughts on Armitron?

P. S. We had a price limit of $25. So I received a Sears gift card for myself for Christmas. This watch was $80 on sale for 30% off minus my gift card brought the price of the watch to $24!

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Product

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
760 Posts
Nice for the price. Sounds like it fit the bill exactly for what you were looking for. I had one about 15 years ago and the finish and the bracelet didn't hold up too well. However I think it was a 20 dollar model. I'm sure the dude you got it for loved it though.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
36,356 Posts
That is the nicest Armitron I have ever seen, by a long shot.

Most Armitron are poor excuses for a Timex or Casio. I always skip over them to the Casio rack at Wally World.

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
I own that model - got it at Kohl's for $40 IIRC on an impulse buy. The second hand on my sample hits the minute markers perfectly. The sunburst blue dial is surprisingly attractive. It keeps good time. I could do without the fake tachymeter function. The bracelet polished links and polished surfaces on the watch scratch easily. The date dial is hard for me to see. But considering the price point I consider it a keeper.

·
Registered
946 Posts
OT - you totally cheated on Secret Santa - gift cards count man!

Also - on edit - that's a goodish looking watch.

On second edit, integrated lugs kill it. Should have gone MDV.

Reactions: KRSVINTAGE

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
To answer your question OP, I think a bit more of them after seeing that picture than I did before. Since I saw that picture my opinion of them has vastly improved.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OT - you totally cheated on Secret Santa - gift cards count man!

Also - on edit - that's a goodish looking watch.

On second edit, integrated lugs kill it. Should have gone MDV.
Agreed on the integrated lugs. At first I thought, "He'll never change the band anyway." But later I pondered my responsibility in bringing someone into our "watch ways" fold and the pass on the benefit of real lugs. I will point it out ( blowing my cover as Secret Santa) and I have included the gift receipt.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts