WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I'm in the market for a nice GMT watch and came across this fine-looking Fortis. I'm not too familiar with Fortis, so, I did some research on the brand and it's all over the place from good to...meh. Does anyone own this piece? And to Fortis owners in general, what's your ownership experience been like? Enlighten me, please!

525013d1317361676-oris-divers-gmt-date-watch-fortis-b-42-diver-automatic-gmt-fortis-front.jpg

(Image borrowed from our fellow WUS member milanzmaj's old thread)

·
Registered
5,334 Posts
I have one of those.

In summary:

You get your usual ETA (2893-2) movement (engraved rotor) and a well executed case. The watch is a bit heavy (and thick,BTW) the bracelet is reasonably comfortable (screw pins) with solid end links and it's not fagile at all; on the contrary.

The clasp (with diver extension) it's ok, but far from the best examples in the industry.

The blued applied numerals are quite nice and the dial easy to read. The watch runs @ +5s/ day.

Mine is 3 years old now, and I have no problems to report.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have one of those.

In summary:

You get your usual ETA (2893-2) movement (engraved rotor) and a well executed case. The watch is a bit heavy (and thick,BTW) the bracelet is reasonably comfortable (screw pins) with solid end links and it's not fagile at all; on the contrary.

The clasp (with diver extension) it's ok, but far from the best examples in the industry.

The blued applied numerals are quite nice and the dial easy to read. The watch runs @ +5s/ day.

Mine is 3 years old now, and I have no problems to report.

Hope this helps.
Thanks!

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had a Cosmonaut Day/Date.
What I liked: The dual AR coating was the best I've had. Super crystal clarity.
What I didn't like: The lume was a bit weak, and this model didn't have SEL's.
That seems to come up a lot in negative reviews. I like the look and I like that it's sort of an obscure brand but I think I'll pass. Thanks!

·
Registered
5,334 Posts
That seems to come up a lot in negative reviews. I like the look and I like that it's sort of an obscure brand but I think I'll pass. Thanks!
GlennO is right; the cosmonaute day/date didn't have SEL, but the GMT has. In fact, the whole bracelet is in another league. About the lume, well, it really is not the best around.

·
Registered
30,101 Posts
Pretty nice watches for their price point.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
If you like the style, I'd have zero concerns.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
I have not owned one but from what I've heard over huge years, they are a solid watch for the money. It is nice that some owners have chimed in, that's the beauty of the forum...you get real feedback that would otherwise be impossible to find.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts