190 Posts
Re: What do you gays think?This Parnis Watch

I love women!

Reactions: ecthelion

·
Registered
4,000 Posts

Absolutely FAAAAAAAAAAAANTASTIC Daaaaarrrling!

·
Registered
14,861 Posts

I love women!
Me too!

By the way, PARNIS is the gambler's brand. Sometimes you get one that is good, quite good. Sometimes it'll fall apart on you in a couple of weeks. You roll them dice, and ya takes your chances!

·
Registered
5 Posts

Nice watch,perfect white dial.and is it PVD case?
where I can get this price?

·
Moderator: F72 and F71
8,198 Posts

Sorry for my mistake. I hit Enter key by mistake
;-)
FTFY ;-)

...and WELCOME to the WUS Chinese Mechanical Watch forum!!!

·
Registered
4,102 Posts

Wow, completely missed the typo when I first read the thread XD. Nice looking parnis. Pvd case?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)

Nice watch,perfect white dial.and is it PVD case?
where I can get this price?
Yes, it's PVD case. The site is called parnishop. I think it's the lowest price I can find on the internet.
I hope it has a good quality as well.
BTW, has anyone bought a watch on that site before?

·
Registered
14,861 Posts

Yes, it's PVD case.
Honestly, even if it works reliably, it'll look like cheap junk in no time. Scratches usually add character. But not when they are so easy to pick up.

·
Registered
37 Posts

I bought that watch a few years back........Don't wear it often, as it is a little formal, but it is still going strong.

·
Registered
6,509 Posts

I actually just received my first parnis watch. Its a DSSD knock off. I can tell you, the casing and clasp feel just like a real one, the glidelock system works perfectly. Can't believe it.. Ony the bezel turning is slightly a bit off, not as clasp as Rolex DSSD. I pay only $99 for such quality watch. Rest assure, OP. I believe you will be please with the quality of your parnis watch.

Btw,I am going to mod it tmr for my watch project.

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

Metal Fashion accessory Hardware accessory Silver Buckle

Eyewear Personal protective equipment Glasses Goggles

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

I actually just received my first parnis watch. Its a DSSD knock off. I can tell you, the casing and clasp feel just like a real one, the glidelock system works perfectly. Can't believe it.. Ony the bezel turning is slightly a bit off, not as clasp as Rolex DSSD. I pay only $99 for such quality watch. Rest assure, OP. I believe you will be please with the quality of your parnis watch.

Btw,I am going to mod it tmr for my watch project.

View attachment 644471

View attachment 644472

View attachment 644473
It looks good. I like this style either.
I hope my watch is as good as yours.

·
Registered
628 Posts
I've bought a Parnis watch from a website, only $64.
The watch is being shipped on the way.
I'll tell you how is it when I receive the parnis watch
I'll give you my honest opinion, and please understand it's MY opinion only. Try and stay away from mushroom brands like Parnis, they may seem like great value but the QC is like a bad game of Russian roulette. I'm saying this from the perspective of someone who appreciates Chinese watches (the real ones). I've mentioned this before but I believe Parnis and other internet mushroom brands, along with makers of fake watches, are what's giving the Chinese watch industry a bad name. People who buy these watches thinking they are a true representation of Chinese watch making abilities are getting a completely misguided view of the truth. Unfortunately, one bad experience will most likely turn customers away from Chinese watches forever. In this forum my views may be in the minority but I truly believe in the Chinese watch industry (Seagull, Beijing, etc) and its capabilities, which is why I'm completely against ppl buying these low quality, "make a quick buck" pieces of junk.

If you want to see a REAL Chines watch production facility, search for AlberTime's recent thread regarding a visit to the Seagull factory in Tianjin. They have been making quality watches and advancing Chinese horology since the 50s, where was Parnis then?

·
Registered
349 Posts
Parnis does have its place, it's a mechanical toy you can tinker with for cheap. I mean, if a movement fails to make top grade at Seagull, what do you gonna do? throw it away?

Recycle it to to a third party is far more economical and more green too. This also mean anyone, even a poor peasant can afford a mechanical watch (though he probably would have preferred quartz now). This is the spirit of the original standard movement watches, in way continuation of a Chinese horological tradition. Except for some reason, some wealthy (by comparison) westerners decides to join the peasants in this price segment and some even complains about quality.

Edit: if you haven't noticed, above statement is in a togue in cheek fashion, but still true. Kinda funny when people about quality of Chinese goods, when they are brought at essentially street paddler goods prices in China and expects something other than street paddler goods quality. Though for some reason, many high end brands rarely get exported beyond low volume distributors. Seagull watches and Hivi Swan audio monitors comes to mind.

Reactions: rabihz24

·
Registered
316 Posts
I'll give you my honest opinion, and please understand it's MY opinion only. Try and stay away from mushroom brands like Parnis, they may seem like great value but the QC is like a bad game of Russian roulette

I (and I think many people on this forum) would disagree with your classification of Parnis as a mushroom brand. There are mushroom brands, sure, whose QC and customer service leave much to be desired, but I daresay that Parnis is superior to these. Now I'm not saying they're anywhere near the level of Sea-Gull, but I think it's a tad unfair to lump them in with the mushroom brand group. In fact I have two Parnis sterile subs (that I purchased through Manbushijie, whose customer service is responsive, though I'm not sure how much control he has over QC), both of which run great, are accurate, and have yet to let me down (and I expect years of good work from them)...they are quality items whose value is probably almost double what is actually charged for them (the two subs were between 60-80 dollars US each before shipping).

If I had to rank them, I'd put them in this order:

Mushroom brands (e.g. Jaragar, Fuyate, Goer, Winner, and the like) < Tao International (their customer service is horrendous, from what I hear) < Parnis and similar brands that actually care about what they distribute, even after the sale < Sea-Gull and other high-end Chinese brands that have always been legitimate and innovative enterprises

Reactions: Luisão

·
Registered
44 Posts
Seagull watches and Hivi Swan audio monitors comes to mind.
Good points made. How much do people want, at that price range? Having said that; am I allowed to ask where is a reliable source for SeaGull watches? If not allowed publicly, someone might be kind enough to PM me. (-:

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Good points made. How much do people want, at that price range? Having said that; am I allowed to ask where is a reliable source for SeaGull watches? If not allowed publicly, someone might be kind enough to PM me. (-:
www.usseagull.com , fully legit Sea Gull supplier in US, great service. Have purchased from Kevin a few times. Links to Sea Gull I believe are allowed here ;-)

1 - 20 of 64 Posts