WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,
I'm thinking of getting a Marlin Casio and MDV-106-1AV is the model that caught my eye. I wanna know whether the owners of this model are satisfied with it. How is it compared to Seiko divers? I know the price range is quite different from Seiko watches, but is it a quality product? (Does it worth it to spend more on a Seiko?) I've never owned any analog Casio so forgive me if I'm asking such stupid questions. I really appreciate your replies.
MDV-106-1AV_l.jpg
Thanks in advance,
Morteza

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
I'm glad you asked b/c I'm wondering the same thing...but don't tell anybody! ;)

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm glad you asked b/c I'm wondering the same thing...but don't tell anybody! ;)
Really? :D I found this while looking for information on the forum today. It seems to be a pretty reliable watch with nice build quality. Kronos has got the one with the white dial as well.

·
Registered
6,897 Posts
The thread you listed above has a nice description of the MDV-106. I really like mine. It is, I think, a great value at its price point.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The thread you listed above has a nice description of the MDV-106. I really like mine. It is, I think, a great value at its price point.
It was an amazing review of that model. All the comments were positive about the watch. I found it on local dealer for about 46$. For sure it has great value for the price.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I finally got the watch! The one with the white dial (MDV-106-7AV). I really really love this watch. It fits my wrist pretty well, looks very nice and has a nice lume (not Seiko level lume, but it is sufficient). I love the weight of the watch as well as the screwback design and Marlin logo on the face and the back of the model.

I thought it wouldn't be a bad idea to share some pictures;-)

·
Registered
6,897 Posts
I finally got the watch! The one with the white dial (MDV-106-7AV).
Welcome to the club!

I'm glad you're enjoying it. I like having a few "grab and g" quartz analog watches for those occasions when an analog is a must. The MDV-106 is one of my favorite choices in that category.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Kronos. My brother and I have been wearing the watch since we bought it. I have analog watches which look more formal, let's say, but this one feels like something else. I have no idea how one can fall in love with a cheap 46$ quartz watch!!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have the one before this with the light. Great watch, no world beater, but 200m wr, bulletproof, accurate and easy.. what more do you want really

·
Registered
6,897 Posts
I have the one before this with the light. Great watch, no world beater, but 200m wr, bulletproof, accurate and easy.. what more do you want really
Yeah, the MDV-102 is a cult favorite around here for all the reasons you cite. (Plus it looks good on a NATO strap.) Great bang for the buck for that model and, I think, for the MDV-106 as well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts