WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all

Just got my first ever vintage watch, a longines flagship from 1964, and probably made all the noob-related mistakes under the way (not checking the movement, asking for last service or lost time per day and so on...:-s). Yet the guy who sold it seemed genuine, with a huge collection of vintage watches. I personally liked it very much, but what would you true aficionados say about it, any comments would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. BTW paid around 400 euro for it.

Btw. Just noticed today that the watch seem to lose moment from time to time, and make some disturbing clicking sounds when placed i some positions.
:roll:

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
R you guys thinks of this vintage longines flagship from 1964?

Hello all

Just got my first ever vintage watch, a longines flagship from 1964, and probably made all the noob-related mistakes under the way (not checking the movement, asking for last service or lost time per day and so on...:-s). Yet the guy who sold it seemed genuine, with a huge collection of vintage watches. I personally liked it very much, but what would you true aficionados say about it, any comments would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. BTW paid around 400 euro for it.

Btw. Just noticed today that the watch seem to lose moment from time to time, and make some disturbing clicking sounds when placed i some positions.
:roll:
My grandfather was a station chief in the Italian Railways back when they were better than now , and he was given a pocket Longines, that was engraved in the back with the Italian Railways logo and worked so well that you can't imagine. In 1949 I got my first wrist watch, a Longines with funny lugs ( manual winding ) that served me well for 15 years, until I bought a 1964 Flagship automatic. I'm still in love with it.
The price you paid was good for a watch in good working order.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts