WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As title states.

I consider myself fairly knowledgeable about Chronographs from the late 40s to 80s.
But these Landeron /Landeron Hahn chronographs always seem to elude me.

I know these are described in certain books and that you have to judge by Ligne size and not calibre number.

Are parts still available? Do these fetch high prices?
Are these sought after?
When did the Landeron - Hahn connection stop?

Onto the Nicolet watch company,

Seeing as these early Landeron Monopushers and Landeron 39 (column wheel) ebauches are fairly rare, I keep seeing the Nicolet watchco pop up.
Seems as they used almost exclusively Landeron 39 and early monopusher examples?

Cheers

·
Premium Member
2,758 Posts
Hi - I'm certainly not the expert in answering your questions - but I posted this watch I acquired about a month ago and I guess I'll post it again here as it has a Landeron Hahn movement, probably 1930s ? I couldn't find much about the brand name.

I have been acquiring some 'mono pushers', to date 4 Eberhards that usually are 39 mm with valjioux 65 movements. This watch is 40mm (still with my sister in California) which is where I ship vintage watches acquired in the U.S. until I pick them up physically.

I don't like quoting prices but this was not too inexpensive but also not very expensive by my definition....pics below, cheers, SDA

Sent from SDA's iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: busmatt

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't have pictures yet. (listing is deleted and it is being sent over to me)
It's a Nicolet Watch, in a 40mm chromed case (going to have it replated, heresy I know) with a GORGEOUS white metal dial with blue and red tracks and minimalistic (I could call it Bauhaus) numerals.
Agewise I think late 30s to very early 40s comes to mind.

I paid in my opinion next to nothing ( under 250 Euros) but it will require a service and some parts. Never the less I found it extraordinary to buy a column wheel monopusher for that kind of money.

Lovely Breguet Numerals and hands on yours!

·
Premium Member
2,758 Posts
What do you know about the early Landeron Monopushers? (And the Nicolet Watch...

Thanks - yes, I'm a big fan of Breguet numerals and original hands - certainly I I paid a multiple of yours ! Just won't say what number to put in front of the 'X' sign !

So look forward to the pics - at 40mm for both of ours these are a fairly unique size for that era, cheers, SDA

Sent from SDA's iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: What do you know about the early Landeron Monopushers? (And the Nicolet Watch...

·
Registered
7,848 Posts
Re: What do you know about the early Landeron Monopushers? (And the Nicolet Watch...

Interesting. Neither have I seen a Landeron 39 in a watch, brand of which wouldn't have been registered to a Nicolet company. It is not that unlikely, that the 39 could have been manufactured for them only. Might be a similar story as with Longines and ETA (the A07 column wheel chrono). Yes, this one is between two companies owned by the Swatch Group, so it might not be that good as an example after all, but...
As to the rarity of column-wheel Landeron monopushers... Keep in mind, that the 39 wasn't the only one- the 11 and 13 were also column-wheel monopusher movements. I have no idea, how many of them are out there though.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just got off the phone. This one is an early Landeron-Hahn with monorattrapante bovet patent which was converted to a 'regular' monopusher chrono.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts