WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I`ve found this on ebay in Germany,i really like the coin edge bezel.does any one know any thing about this watch ? it appears to be a limited edition.
it has a hand wound swiss movement.they are asking £577 - does that seem reasonable ?

Attachments

·
Banned
7,819 Posts
It's a (limited to 500) model made for a corporate giant (Deutsche Post) - sort of private label

Nice enough, but a bit overpriced for what it is for me. - and it's approaching 7 years old, pretty much undecorated 6498 movement

I expect they were given out as retirement presents perhaps ?

·
Moderator Emeritus
55,424 Posts
A Deutsche Post 2006 or a bit later limited edition, called "Luftschiff", 500 pieces. There has been a marine LE, called "U-Boot Uhr" as well. Standard Unitas movement, sapphire crystal ar coated on top, sapphire crystal on back as well. Diameter 42mm. Some of those marine sold on ebay for about 200 euro. Watches came with a brochure (Zertifikat) about the Graf Zeppelin, LZ 127.

I wouldn't pay that much for an undecorated Unitas, be it a 2nd hand Laco or not.

·
Banned
7,819 Posts
Ahh right - to Deutsche Post brand fans ? .. very strange :) - can't see that working with Royal mail lol, wonder what they sold for originally?

·
Moderator Emeritus
55,424 Posts
Ahh right - to Deutsche Post brand fans ? .. very strange :) - can't see that working with Royal mail lol, wonder what they sold for originally?
No clue, currently they sell An "Exklusiv-Edition 1972" with auto Durowe 7528.2 or hw Durowe 7423 Day-Date at unbeatable prices, limited of course.

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

·
Registered
5,220 Posts
I'd rather have an undecorated Unitas manual in my watch than most higher grade autos out there, but that's just me.

I would pay that much for an undecorated Unitas (Archimede Pilot XLH), but not for this Laco.

Reactions: busmatt

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
I've got a Deutsche Post model, but unfortunately no photos on this PC of it. It's the white dial variant that they offered (you can see a lume shot of it in my signature line). I think it's a very nice watch, but I didn't pay anywhere near the amount the OP mentioned.

·
Registered
28,501 Posts
It's a bit overpriced. But it is a nice watch, and I have seen people do far far worse with that budget too...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts