WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I've had my Millemetri for a couple of weeks now, and I honestly cannot take it off. I don't know why. But, even when I wear something else during the day, I still swap it for the nimo when I get home. I never used to do that with my other watches, hell I don't even wear a watch at home, until now that is. If not for my fear of getting the strap all grungy, I'd probably wear this for sports, riding my motorcycle and whatnot. In other words, this is the only watch I want to wear 24/7.

So, it got me thinking. What is it about this watch that I like so much?

Simply put, the main reason is because it's so versatile.

I can wear this to work, at home, sports, at a party etc...all my other watches are either too flashy, too sporty, too expensive that I don't want to mess it up, too delicate or too black - that kind of thing. This one is a true all-rounder.

What about you guys? What do you like about your Anonimo(s)?

regards,

lorsban

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
The thing I love most about Anonimo's is simply their casework. I'm a big fan of craftsmanship (though I'm quite useless myself!), whether it be watches, automotive parts, furniture etc and have always been willing to pay the money for seomthing that feels unique and well crafted. I love a good weld on a custom intake plenum on a car, or beautiful joinery on a table and for me this is what Anonimo is all about. I always caught myself staring at the case on my Drass Millemetri, appreciating the different layers, textures and finishes and that is just amplified with my Nautilo.

Shamefully, in my short time of really getting into watches most that I have purchased have been safe queens (and one still is), but when I bought my Mille I found myself wearing it a lot more than any other. I thought it was because it already had a few superficial marks on the case and therefore my worry about damaging a new watch was not there quite so much. But now I have the Nautilo, I'm finding I can't get it off my wrist either and it is the most expensive watch I've purchased.

When it came to purchasing the Nautilo I contemplated a few other watches in and around the price range. I'd always wanted a PAM and with the sale of a few watches I had the funds to purchase one. But when push came to shove I realised that perhaps I don't want one as much as I thought I did and made the (correct) decision to go for the Nautilo, and couldn't be happier that I did. Now the U-Boat is for sale as well, and I have a San Marco incoming which I can't wait to get my hands on.

For me there is just something very special about the craftsmanship and I can't go past it. All I see is Anonimo in my immediate watch future. :-!

Reactions: samanator

·
Registered
375 Posts
I love Anonimo's perfect balance of military functional high-style, with very unique design touches. I consider Anonimo watches the most stylish, masculine watches out there. And of course the casework is high mechanical luxury - superlative craftsmanship that few brands can approach. I own alot of arguably finer watches, but the Anonimos are the ones that I turn to the most, because they satisfy almost everything I desire in a watch. I find them highly satisfying on many levels.

I can go on....

·
Registered
345 Posts
my milli is my everyday watch others chip in for a bit of wristime but i always gravitate back to it.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
This might seem like an odd response, but there is something about the cases "not" being perfectly round that I love about the line. Most watches are round, plain and simple. Anonimo has ruined most round watches for me. Round watches just seem so ordinary now. I think I like PAM's for the same reason, but I do love the anonymous nature of the Anonimo brand. I think the build quality is stellar, the designs are unique and very rugged. These watches can go from a ballgame to the beach to the opera to the boardroom with ease. I also like the fact that the movements are not in-house movements. I would much prefer that the movements be accessible to any competent watchmaker.

Distinct shapes
Unique materials
Beautiful designs
Limited quantities
Rugged build quality
Luxury without snobbery

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This might seem like an odd response, but there is something about the cases "not" being perfectly round that I love about the line. Most watches are round, plain and simple. Anonimo has ruined most round watches for me. Round watches just seem so ordinary now. I think I like PAM's for the same reason, but I do love the anonymous nature of the Anonimo brand. I think the build quality is stellar, the designs are unique and very rugged. These watches can go from a ballgame to the beach to the opera to the boardroom with ease. I also like the fact that the movements are not in-house movements. I would much prefer that the movements be accessible to any competent watchmaker.

Distinct shapes
Unique materials
Beautiful designs
Limited quantities
Rugged build quality
Luxury without snobbery
I agree with your comment on movements. It takes a lot of r&d to develop movements and if Anonimo tried doing it, we wouldnt see the innovations they make for case designs and all the other aspects of the watch. Just look at Panerai, theyre basically churning out the same old watch designs since theyre so focused on making movements.

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
I'm wearing a unique, well crafted watch and bracelet with an interesting history that I will probably never see anyone else wearing. In a world of look-a-likes it's nice to have something different.
N

·
Registered
135 Posts
Good comments everyone.

I enjoy the fact that it's a tooler.... but also has the elegance too. The case shape for me is a clincher... they're just a good looking watch all round!!

I also love the fact that they are from the Ashes of Panerai... in effect, you are really buying a TRUE Panerai, if truth be known.

They're anonimous.. hence the name.. not 'done to death' by the fashionista market.. unlike many brands.. and are a really great watch.

I love having leather back on my wrist too occasionaly... it reminds me of how watches were.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Lusting after it....:)

·
Ball Watch, Bremont and Longines moderator
11,594 Posts
For me it is the peculiarities that each watch can have something unique to it. While many brands claim that they may change elements in a watch at any time Anonimo seems to do it continually. You could have two of the same model, dial color and year just a serial number apart and they may have some changes. It makes them feel more personal.

·
Registered
375 Posts
For me it is the peculiarities that each watch can have something unique to it. While many brands claim that they may change elements in a watch at any time Anonimo seems to do it continually. You could have two of the same model, dial color and year just a serial number apart and they may have some changes. It makes them feel more personal.
Well said - absolutely right. When I believe my Anonimo collection to be well-rounded, they introduce a new piece or design that grabs me. No other brand matches the variety, but with a such an identifiable DNA.

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Another thing I like about Anonimo in general is the fact that, they could have gone the "homage" route and made a killing with the best Panerai homages out there. What, with the same factory and same workers? No contest. Anonimo COULD have produced Panerai Homages a million times better than what's flooding the market these days. YET, Anonimo chose to differentiate themselves right from the get-go. True, their earlier efforts look closer to Panerai's, like their more basic Metri/sailor Diver models, but even then you can see distinct style cues that makes them unique and different from Panerai. All the more with the models out now, they're definitely pushing the envelope when it comes to design innovations and material choices.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts