WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just got a SRP639 and while I love everything else about the watch, I had to change the strap (too long).

I thought a Hadley Roma with yellow stitching would go well with the yellow accents on the watch but now that it's on the watch, I'm not so sure... What do you think?

Any ideas on what might work better? I like Isofranes but they're same length as the Seiko strap...

20150916_114319 b.jpg

20150916_114327 b.jpg

Thanks!

·
Registered
50 Posts
I really like it. I happen to love the stitched bands. I have a couple of white, one red and one blue stitched strap that I have used interchangeably on my SKX009 and SKX173. I have an SRP673 on the way and planning on dropping a Super Engineer II bracelet on it when it gets here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
I think the larger notched strap fits it really well . Balances the watch . Just got a black with yellow accents strap in a few days ago too but don't think it would fit the style of your watch

·
Registered
70 Posts
It looks good! I like it. I think it would look really good on a NATO as well. A nice leather one would still keep it kinda dressy, while in the nylon there is lots of good colors.

·
Premium Member
17,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The Obris Morgan style isofrane may be worth looking at. Could save you some money compared to the actual isofrane.
I might be mistaken but I think the OM straps are every bit as long as the Isos and Z22s; I'll check with them to see if that's true.

Thanks for the suggestion. :-!

·
Premium Member
71,277 Posts
BSF, the combo looks just great. The OEM rubber isn't very hot IMO and even though the Iso may be the same length it behaves itself far far better. I honestly don't think you need to go to the expense of getting an Iso as the current pairing looks so good.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Hi try the strap from the SRP655K1/SRP653K1.
I have the former watch and its punching way above its price.
The strap is better than my SBBN015 Tuna i bought the strap from the SBBN017 to fit my tuna .

·
Registered
7,480 Posts
That straps looks good to me.

Another suggestion is a composite strap.

I'm a big fan of these straps. They come in different color stitching, very affordable and very comfortable to boot.

Maratac sells their version of it, but I find the one's sold on ebay by timepiecerebulic fit my 7" wrist better. (IE: I'm not on the last hole like on the Maratac and the feel of the strap actually feels more cloth-like versus the more slick rubbery feel of the Maratacs). Can't go wrong with either though.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
I just got a SRP639 and while I love everything else about the watch, I had to change the strap (too long).

I thought a Hadley Roma with yellow stitching would go well with the yellow accents on the watch but now that it's on the watch, I'm not so sure... What do you think?

Any ideas on what might work better? I like Isofranes but they're same length as the Seiko strap...

View attachment 5392506

View attachment 5392514

Thanks!
Little late to this thread, but I love what you have going there, great watch/strap combo!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts