WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, thanks for those of you who weighed in.
Meet the full squad.

There are additional refinements planned like adjustment of hand designs and also dial details, but the final variant types that go into full production will be a fun discussion with backers.

Would love to hear your thoughts / rants. I'm quite liking the black-on-black PVD ZULU. What do you guys think?

squad.jpg

I think I learned from last post that I went on too long and dumped too many photos.
You can check out tons of photos on instagram @ReduxWatch and we're on FB as well (not allowed to post links)

Thanks much

·
Registered
53 Posts
First off, they all look great! Very tool-itarian on those Zulu's. I agree, the PVD looks sweet. I also like how the bead-blasted case matches the bead-blasted hardware of the Zulu on the 2nd watch from the left.

Just a few thoughts with regards to each dial (numbering each one, left-to-right, #1 through #4).

#1 - The dial looks very clock-like to me, and there's nothing wrong with that. It just doesn't strike me as a pilot-inspired watch. Nevertheless, I quite like the simplicity of it. Perhaps giving 12 o' clock 2 pips will make it feel more pilot-like.

#2 - The most pilot-inspired for obvious reasons but the Flieger design is also somewhat unoriginal. I'm curious how it would look without the numerals and just the hour markers, keeping the signature double-pipped triangle at 12. In theory, the idea sounds more like a crossing between Flieger and Bauhaus, but it might be more unique that way.

#3 - Strikes me as more of a field-watch with the large numerals at 3, 6, and 9. I do like the detailing on the tail-end of the seconds hand though, as well as the sword-style hour marker at 12.

#4 - Seems more Bauhaus-inspired with the thin straight-line markers leading to hour numerals liking that of the Stowa Antea and Nomos Tangente. I feel that the thin markers and typeface look even thinner and smaller when viewed against the watch's thick bezel and overall ruggedness. However, I do appreciate the clashing of concepts.

Just my 2 cents. Mostly splitting hairs. I apologize for the scrutiny, just trying to give honest feedback. Again, despite all this, I really do like the direction these watches are going. Looking forward to see what goes into production!

·
Registered
53 Posts
I'm afraid I'll have to take back what I said regarding watch dial #3. It didn't occur to me at the time that it looks a lot like the Bell & Ross watches, which are indeed aviation inspired.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Looks yummy, except maybe #3 I think the hands are too thin for those strong numerals and indices, and #4 the dial with thin elements is dominated by the strong thick bezel.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Don´t know if this will be well accepted here but I think it is sad that you guys (Elbert) still have not delivered the prices on your competition...really like this watch but will not be one of the backers (not needed as it got funded really quick), if you cannot stand by your word in a simple competition then I wonder how the aftersales will be.

I know it sounds like I am a sore looser but as a winner of a price I expect it to be delivered...this was in the winning mail in July:
If we hear don't hear back from you within the next 5 days, we'll assume you've declined to claim and we'll redraw to be fair to others.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts