1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
10,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
15,944 Posts
I really like the look of those watches. First skeleton type that I could actually see on my wrist. If they had dropped one of the X's from the XXL models I would have one of them already. As it is, I've been looking for one of the older, smaller models but they're not as attractive dial wise to me since a lot (not all, I'm guessing) have the date aperture, which I don't care for . . .

·
Registered
10,872 Posts
As skeletons go..That's the first I can actually read the time easily.
Give credit for that..|>..|>..|>..|>...And I hate skeletons.

·
Registered
6,462 Posts
The skeleton does nothing for me. The original with anything but Arabic numbers would be basically perfect, in my eyes.

*edit* Well, also with a 6 of some sort. I hate missing indices.

·
Registered
10,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I really like the look of those watches. First skeleton type that I could actually see on my wrist. If they had dropped one of the X's from the XXL models I would have one of them already. As it is, I've been looking for one of the older, smaller models but they're not as attractive dial wise to me since a lot (not all, I'm guessing) have the date aperture, which I don't care for . . .
You know, in the watch case I thought MAN that thing is huge. But I tried it on and it was actually a really good fit. So I guess I'd say if you have a GP place to try one on, give it a shot, it really surprised me.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I may be in the minority but I actually like the skeleton more than the original!

I usually don't care for square watches at all, but the skeleton is different enough to be interesting, and is very well balanced with a consistent color scheme.

·
Banned
10,075 Posts
Of the two watches pictured in the OP, I prefer the second one.

All the best.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Skeleton does nothing for me, although I really should go try on that second one to see what you're saying of the size. It just looks massive from a distance and the specs.

-adi4

·
Registered
7,613 Posts
I'm not really in skeleton watches, but I think what they did with the date is really clever, as it gives the date a black background but doesn't require two black discs. Very nice.

·
Registered
10,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm not really in skeleton watches, but I think what they did with the date is really clever, as it gives the date a black background but doesn't require two black discs. Very nice.
Their big dates are really well thought out...other than Moser, I think they're the only big date makers with no border between the numbers.

·
Registered
6,462 Posts
Their big dates are really well thought out...other than Moser, I think they're the only big date makers with no border between the numbers.
I actually really like that feature. It's just that the second wheel is clear and sits over the first one, right? That seems so simple and obvious. Is there a downside? Like, is the depth difference noticeable, or anything? Takes more space in the movement, maybe?

*edit* Heh, looking again at the skeleton watch, it's obvious that a transparent date wheel is indeed exactly what's happening. The positioning of the wheels is a little different as a result, but it doesn't look especially tricky to execute. I can't help but think that if it were actually that simple, more watches would do it.

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
I'm a firm believer if I'm spending a whole lotta dough on a watch with a nice movement, the more I have the opportunity to view it, the better. You can always find a nice watch case go for the nice watch case AND the viewable beauty of a movement.

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
I don't normally care for skeletons either, but that one looks awesome! Probably way too big, but still looks great.

·
Registered
10,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I actually really like that feature. It's just that the second wheel is clear and sits over the first one, right? That seems so simple and obvious. Is there a downside? Like, is the depth difference noticeable, or anything? Takes more space in the movement, maybe?

*edit* Heh, looking again at the skeleton watch, it's obvious that a transparent date wheel is indeed exactly what's happening. The positioning of the wheels is a little different as a result, but it doesn't look especially tricky to execute. I can't help but think that if it were actually that simple, more watches would do it.
Yeah it's just that simple...I've looked REALLY closely at it in real life, with the second watch in the post, and it's very hard to tell they're on different disks. If you get the lighting just right and are very close, you can see that one clear disk is slightly more reflective, but other than that, it looks flawless, like it's just giant disk. The height difference is very small, it's more the reflective properties of the solid and the transparent disk.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts