srewed in crown
Dial:Super-LumiNova C3
sapphire crystal

·
Registered
8,827 Posts
Mike,

Not warming to it. <|

Good specs, nice idea with the all lume dial, but its a bit....plain. Also, the dial looks undersized - or the case looks too big. Can't make up my mind but the amount of steel around the dial seems out of proportion for me.

Sorry.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Meh....

I think its really ugly.... harsh opinion, I know.

Like Doc said.. nice specs.. asthetics needs a complete overhaul.

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
It is okay. I don't think there is anything new here that makes me want to have that watch. I say a thumbs down.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Nice excercise but ...

... :think: that bezel smells like Rolex Yacht Master.

I'd say, lose the bezel and maybe there is something nice there.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Comor Marina chrono with full lumi dial

Specs:
stainless steel 316 L case, Ø 40 mm
rated wr 200 m/ 20 atm
Valjoux 7750
srewed in crown
Dial:Super-LumiNova C3
sapphire crystal

I like the specs, as others said. I like the raised bezel numbers, the all lume dial, the clean complete numerals on the dial -but I think the typeface is far too thin and delicate for the bulk of the watch, and the proportions of the case and bezel don't go together. It's way out of scale on those points.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Luminova is good idea but the chrono dials make the watch look
more like a £9.99 special off a street market, the design doesn't do anything for me<|

·
Registered
9,651 Posts
Hi -

Dial is too small. Ruins the proportional relationship between the subdials and the rest of the watch.

Then again, we're probably all spoiled by watches from Sinn, Damasko and Jubilar, which have this kind of design down pat.

JohnF

·
Registered
475 Posts
It isn't doing anything for me either.

·
Registered
368 Posts
From a beginner’s/novice’s point-of-view:

Plus side: when it comes to watches with this type of diver’s watch bezel, I’ve come to prefer such bezels w/out “paint” on them to designate or outline the numbers (10, 20, 30, etc.) or “tick lines” (someone educate me on the euphemism for that on diver’s bezel), so, the fact that this watch’s twist bezel is all-metal (it IS all-metal/no paint, right?) w/out paint is a definite + for me. Not to mention the all metal-look of the first pic' above, and if I were to choose a different band, would be the model below, yes, my other fav’ color for watches (1st is SS), black. Looks like the case is all-brushed stainless steel, on the sides as well, and if THAT’s true, the case alone gets an “oooh-right” from me.
For these reasons and because of the look of each “chrono” dial, AND the nice touch with the script-written logo, for me, this watch has an all-around classic look. If you told me that this chrono’ was the first EVER I dunno’ if I’d doubt you; that, and this Comor could stand as an example through the ages – again, I think the watch has THAT much of a classic look for my tastes.

Minus side: The yellow dial is nice, but, I don’t like all-lume dial. In a way, the “big case, small dial” deal is neat to me; happily tolerable in the very least, to me. I have a Citizen Professional Dive 300M (the infamous Eco-Zilla) which possesses similar “big case, small dial” makeup . . . I really LOVE that watch but, I’ve made the decision for that “big case, small dial” number to be the first and last in my collection. Indeed, another thing that I’ve come to prefer a big dial on a proportionately big case (42-44 mm does nicely for me). And, although I mentioned that I liked the metal band above, one more thing that I can leave in the “take it or leave it” category are the shiny portion of the links on the metal band in this case. Don’t like ‘em on account of my "all brushed SS, all the time" bias. The “mirror”-ness works on the raised numbers and ticks, but, not for the band for me, for some reason.

And that’s my ‘pinion.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts