WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my 2254 back from Bienne. Running a bit fast but within COSC specs so I am very happy. But the Red Dot on the case back has 'changed' to Blue. Obviously this is to show that it has been worked on by them, but other than that is there any meaning?
Also, I never set the date within six hours of midnight but there were 3 'notes' informing me not to do that! Is this standard on every repair?
Don

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Just got my 2254 back from Bienne. Running a bit fast but within COSC specs so I am very happy. But the Red Dot on the case back has 'changed' to Blue. Obviously this is to show that it has been worked on by them, but other than that is there any meaning?
Also, I never set the date within six hours of midnight but there were 3 'notes' informing me not to do that! Is this standard on every repair?
Don
Hi...I had a similar query a few months ago, only I had a green dot on the case back. I had purchased a NOS two tone Bond Seamaster (white face) caliber 1109 and to my surprise the dot on the back wasn't red but green, and this was supposedly brand new. Well, after fretting for a while and from the advice on the forum I decided it wasn't worth worrying about it as I did have the standard two year warranty (the AD even adjusted it to add one year additional from their store).

I'm pretty sure green and blue mean something to them (Omega) internally though...if you do find anything about it I'd appreciate some info...

Thanks
Glimmer

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Never heard of the green dot but I have heard of the blue dot. The first (or second and third) time you give the caseback a clean with a toothbrush, those dots will be gone.
My red dot had vanished by January and I got it only a year ago.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
thats a strange thing. different colours.

lo and behold, looking at my PO, the red dot is still there.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Blue dot means it's a Kmart special..Oh wait, that's a blue LIGHT..Sorry.:roll:

David

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
A blue dot means that the watch has been serviced.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts