WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, all. I've been lurking for a couple of weeks now, and it's time to make my first post.

I just got my first Ball last week -- a green Engineer Master II Diver. I like it far more than I thought I would. In fact, it has become my daily wear.

So now I'm intrigued with the brand. I ordered a catalog, and found a new watch that's not on their site: the Engineer Master II Diver Chronometer. It appears to be a titanium version of the Diver, but it's also chronometer certified.

It also claims to have a "High mCi T dial". Does anyone know that means? Also, does anyone have this watch? I don't know if I can justify buying another Ball so similar to the one I already have, but I do like the idea of titanium, so I'm probably willing to be convinced. :)

Thanks,
Christian

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
Hi Christian:

I will leave the technical details to others, but I believe it has something to do with the antimagentic properties but don't quote me.

What I do know is I have the same problem. I can't stop wearing my Ball and would love a second.

You may want to look through the catalog some more and find something very different than what you have. Or you might like having two similar pieces.

That's what makes this such a fun hobby. I look forward to reading your posts.

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
Hi Christian,

Welcome to the Ball Watch Company Forum! :-!

Congrats on getting the green EMII Diver, a very nice first piece for your Ball collection! |>

"mCi"=millicurie, which in the case of tritium watches, has to do with the amount of radioactive tritium that is present on a watch dial. With Ball watches, there are basically two tritium ratings:

T25
--this means that the watch dial has up to (but not more than) 25 millicuries of tritium, total, in the micro gas tubes on that dial. With the exception of Ball watches, T25 is the maximum allowed amount of tritium on watch dials. On these Ball watch models, you will see "T25" printed on the dial, usually between '7' and '8'.

T100/"High mCi"--this means that the watch dial has more than 25 mCi T, and up to(but not more than) 100 millicuries of tritium, total, in the micro gas tubes on that dial. Presently, Ball watches are the only watches allowed into the U.S. that may have dials with more than the standard T25 rating. Keep in mind that this doesn't mean that all "High mCi" models have the maximum 100 mCi T; most of these models have an amount somewhere between 25 and 100 mCi T. On these Ball watch models, you will see "T Swiss Made" printed on the dial, usually between '5' and '7'.

With the EMII Diver Chronometer, you get the slightly larger case than that of your EMII Diver, at 44mm. And as you've mentioned, you get the COSC certified ETA 2836-2 movement, and the case is titanium, as opposed to the ss case of your Diver. And the Chrono is a High mCi model.

That means that this is what you'll see in the dark--

Image borrowed from and property of WUS member, roberev

As you can see, the tritium output is somewhat brighter than that of your standard Diver.

Hope that this may be of help. I hope that you'll drop by often, and hang out with us. You're part of the Ball Family, now!
I'd love to see some pics of your green EMII Diver...and of your EMII Diver Chronometer, should you decide to get her! ;-)

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
damn, and here I thought it was about a high metachlorean count, you know, like Qui Gon said about Anakin.
:)
DW
:-d

Well, based on that Star Wars reference, David, then the Fireman Night Train and the Engineer Master II Diver Chronometer would have to be the High Metachlorian Count Champions of the Ball Watch lineup, possessing 63 and 61 micro gas tubes, each, respectively. They would probably kick Anakin's butt!

May the Force be with you, David! And with us! :-!

;-)

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, all.

I'm very glad to be a part of such a knowledgeable and friendly community!

·
Registered
636 Posts
Congrats on the green diver:p Im sure its not going to be your last ball. :-d

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
congrats on the watch and thanx for the great explanation Geoff.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hi Christian,

Welcome to the Ball Watch Company Forum! :-!

Congrats on getting the green EMII Diver, a very nice first piece for your Ball collection! |>

"mCi"=millicurie, which in the case of tritium watches, has to do with the amount of radioactive tritium that is present on a watch dial. With Ball watches, there are basically two tritium ratings:

T25--this means that the watch dial has up to (but not more than) 25 millicuries of tritium, total, in the micro gas tubes on that dial. With the exception of Ball watches, T25 is the maximum allowed amount of tritium on watch dials. On these Ball watch models, you will see "T25" printed on the dial, usually between '7' and '8'.

T100/"High mCi"--this means that the watch dial has more than 25 mCi T, and up to(but not more than) 100 millicuries of tritium, total, in the micro gas tubes on that dial. Presently, Ball watches are the only watches allowed into the U.S. that may have dials with more than the standard T25 rating. Keep in mind that this doesn't mean that all "High mCi" models have the maximum 100 mCi T; most of these models have an amount somewhere between 25 and 100 mCi T. On these Ball watch models, you will see "T Swiss Made" printed on the dial, usually between '5' and '7'.

With the EMII Diver Chronometer, you get the slightly larger case than that of your EMII Diver, at 44mm. And as you've mentioned, you get the COSC certified ETA 2836-2 movement, and the case is titanium, as opposed to the ss case of your Diver. And the Chrono is a High mCi model.

That means that this is what you'll see in the dark--

Image borrowed from and property of WUS member, roberev

As you can see, the tritium output is somewhat brighter than that of your standard Diver.

Hope that this may be of help. I hope that you'll drop by often, and hang out with us. You're part of the Ball Family, now!
I'd love to see some pics of your green EMII Diver...and of your EMII Diver Chronometer, should you decide to get her! ;-)
hi Geoff -
very nice explaination !!!
m

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts