WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There were a number of post complaining about caliber 5 lack of power reserve after several days of wearing from home-to-work. I am one if them. My other wrist watch works fine in my type of work.

Other people/service centers blame the nature of work as purely office desktop to home. It is not enough to keep the watch running. They maybe right.

But come to think about it. Is the manufacturer of caliber 5 think that we are still chasing pigs and deers to make a living? Come on! Let's not be gullible.

·
Banned
1,097 Posts
There were a number of post complaining about caliber 5 lack of power reserve after several days of wearing from home-to-work. I am one if them. My other wrist watch works fine in my type of work.

Other people/service centers blame the nature of work as purely office desktop to home. It is not enough to keep the watch running. They maybe right.

But come to think about it. Is the manufacturer of caliber 5 think that we are still chasing pigs and deers to make a living? Come on! Let's not be gullible.

The Manufacturer of a Caliber 5 is Tag Heuer and their caliber 5's are either based on an ETA 2824-2 or a Selita SW200 (which is basically a 2824-2 with and extra jewel). A sizable portion of the Swiss mechanicals ever made, are made with one version or another of this movement.

Why all of a sudden would that be a problem? That is unless the most physical movement you have all day is pushing the buttons on your remote control, if so buy a quartz watch!

·
Banned
1,097 Posts
Ahhh I see they are made for those chasing chimps. Not me. Not for me.
Like I said, get a good quartz watch, try a Citizen Radio Control Eco-Drive, 200m WR, Sapphire Crystal, no batteries to change, perpetual date, and always accurate to the exact second everyday, day in day out.

Perfect watch for someone who would rather lay in the hammock, then to "Chase Chimps".

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Shake that chimp. Lol

Am just trying to explain why the other automatic watch works perfectly fine than the tag on similar using conditions.

Maybe the engineers there are sleeping. Or the economy there is such that redesigning the movement will bring them down. Just saying....

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
I work in an office / desk job and none of my automatics (Valjoux 7750 (Link) / Sellita SW200 (Aquaracer Calibre 5) / ETA 2892-A2 (PO 2500D)) run out of power. During weekdays I wear my watches for about 14 hours, in weekends even less than that.

I don't own a dog or a chimp. However, I do chase my wife after work on a daily basis. Maybe that does the trick..

Cheers,
Rob

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I work in an office / desk job and none of my automatics (Valjoux 7750 (Link) / Sellita SW200 (Aquaracer Calibre 5) / ETA 2892-A2 (PO 2500D)) run out of power. During weekdays I wear my watches for about 14 hours, in weekends even less than that.

I don't own a dog or a chimp. However, I do chase my wife after work on a daily basis. Maybe that does the trick..

Cheers,
Rob
Enjoys those watch ..... and the wife.

·
Banned
1,097 Posts
Shake that chimp. Lol

Am just trying to explain why the other automatic watch works perfectly fine than the tag on similar using conditions.

Maybe the engineers there are sleeping. Or the economy there is such that redesigning the movement will bring them down. Just saying....
Since the movement in the Tag caliber 5 isn't in house, and is either ETA or Selita, you can't blame any of the Tag engineers. The movements are the same basic movements that have been around for over 30 years.

·
Registered
133 Posts

Cheers,
Rob
interesting "hobby" you have there

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Blunderact,

I've had the same issue with my Calibre 5 Auqaracer for half a year. Since the watch is still under warranty I finally decided to send it to TAG Heuer Service in Germany. I feared to get it back after a few weeks with some scratches and a note "Sorry, we couldn't find any malfunction.". But I was wrong - the service was great. They replaced the crown and the crown tubes, they fixed the automatic winding and they fixed the movement. That's what the letter says. My guess is they replaced the complete movement. In addition they removed the scratches on the clasp and the bracelet. And they gave me 24 months of warranty on the repair. It was all free of charge.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi Blunderact,

I've had the same issue with my Calibre 5 Auqaracer for half a year. Since the watch is still under warranty I finally decided to send it to TAG Heuer Service in Germany. I feared to get it back after a few weeks with some scratches and a note "Sorry, we couldn't find any malfunction.". But I was wrong - the service was great. They replaced the crown and the crown tubes, they fixed the automatic winding and they fixed the movement. That's what the letter says. My guess is they replaced the complete movement. In addition they removed the scratches on the clasp and the bracelet. And they gave me 24 months of warranty on the repair. It was all free of charge.

Thanks for the info. You are a happy man.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts