Votes: 9 11.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a new Seamaster 2254.50 that I returned because of cosmetic issues. The week I had it was running spot on. The new one I received is running +6 a day. This makes we wonder what the general accuracy of new Omegas out there is. The reason I'm not including old ones is because they may need servicing plus you would expect a new watch to be within COSC standards.

·
Premium Member
1,183 Posts
My 2254 is 4 months old and loses about 1 second a day when I wear it regularly. Left on the dresser and kept wound, it gains about 1 second per day.

·
Registered
5,388 Posts
My new PO has being with me for 4 days; On monday I sync it with an atomic clock at 10:00 a.m. today, 4 days later at the same time is 15 secs fast!!!!! is 3,75 sec avg per day fast.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My new PO has being with me for 4 days; On monday I sync it with an atomic clock at 10:00 a.m. today, 4 days later at the same time is 15 secs fast!!!!! is 3,75 sec avg per day fast.
Anything up to +6 is acceptable according to COSC standards. +4 is OK. I am just a little dissapointed that I had a SMP that was running perfect now I have one that is running +6 which is the acceptable outer threshold. I guess I just have bad luck.

·
Registered
714 Posts
My GMT has a mind all of it's own. Generally it keeps time to 2 seconds a day, but every now and then it will waiver to +3-4 seconds for a day and then go back to 2 seconds again. For the first month I had it, it was all over the show, but eventually it settled down.

·
Registered
704 Posts
You can try varying the rest position of the watch to slow or speed it up to help with timekeeping. These are mechanical devices & are inherently more inaccurate than quartz watches.

·
Registered
736 Posts
I purchased my SeMP 27 months ago new. It started out +4 daily for the first yr(wearing daily). The second yr I wore it average of 2 days/week( on winder when not worn) and it gradually slowed to -3 daily. If I leave it on the winder set at 750tpd for more than a week with no wrist time it slowes further to -4. If I wear it daily for a week or more it gets up to -2. Go figure, I'm not complaining as it's within cosc specs.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Mine's +1 per day on the wrist, and almost -1 at night when sitting face up on my desk. Overall it gains about 2s per week. Alternating wrist times and varying the rest position (front, back, side) and temperature all contribute to overall accuracy. With a little bit of playing around you can really improve the accuracy.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Currently between -2 and -4 a day. But I put that down to inactivity on my behalf and the differance in temperatures from inside my house (about 24oC) to the cold outside (about 3oC). Not sure what those temps are in deg F. Either way, I'm happy and can cope with the loss per day.

·
Premium Member
2,527 Posts
I guess if we make a statistical data that is based on a month would be more precise. For a day it can be 0 or 2sec but for a month, that's the quality comparison right there. Any data over a month ?

Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got a new Seamaster 2254.50 that I returned because of cosmetic issues. The week I had it was running spot on. The new one I received is running +6 a day. This makes we wonder what the general accuracy of new Omegas out there is. The reason I'm not including old ones is because they may need servicing plus you would expect a new watch to be within COSC standards.

I got mine on Wednesday and in the first day it gained no more than 1 minute.

very happy with my new friend!!:-!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Mine's +1 per day on the wrist, and almost -1 at night when sitting face up on my desk. Overall it gains about 2s per week. Alternating wrist times and varying the rest position (front, back, side) and temperature all contribute to overall accuracy. With a little bit of playing around you can really improve the accuracy.

I wasn't aware that position made such a big difference. When I lay it face up it gains +6 seconds a day. When I lay it face down it loses -1 seconds a day. As long as I can remember the positions it looks like i can self regulate it. I have another watch (2824-2) That gains +3-+6 in all positions.

·
Banned
3,380 Posts
I don't really concern myself with accuracy because it doesn't help my OCD. So, I tend to ignore it but the last time I checked my following chronometres were running at an estimate (Within 24hr period timed to an atomic clock):

SeMP 'Bond' - +3
'66 Pie-Pan Connie - +7
Sea-Dweller - +4
GMTII 'Pepsi' - +4
Speedmaster '125' - -10

·
Registered
4 Posts
My new (but used) PO gained 7.5 seconds in the 3.5 days I've had it, which works out to just over +2 seconds a day. It only gained 1 second after the first 24 hours, but I haven't spent a lot of time trying different nighttime storage positions or wearing patterns.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Mine was all over the place the first week I had it- 15 seconds loss one night, 10 seconds gain another, placed in the same position every night. It has settled down to about 3-4 seconds gain per day.

I wear it between 12 and 16 hours per day, and in that time, it seems to gain about 3 seconds on my wrist. Unfortunately, there is no position in which I can set it to make it lose time; the best I can do is place it 12 o'clock up and have it gain a second at most over the course of 8 hours during the night.

I know this is within COSC spec, but when a Tissot PR50 auto with a 2824-2 movement for under $200 runs spot on day after day, it's a bit frustrating that a watch costing 15 times as much isn't as accurate. Luck (or lack thereof) of the draw I guess:roll:

·
Registered
67 Posts
I purchased my 2254 in 2000. It has been my daily beater which I wear 75% of the time. For the first 2 years, it ran +6 sec/day on the wrist with no positional variance. The next few years, it ran +4 with a slight variance (+5 to +1 with face down). Currently, I runs from +2 to -1.5. I love my 2254 so much I will get another soon from our favorite AD. The 1120 movement is still one of the best in the biz.

I also have a mid-sized white Bond which out of the box was +6 10 years ago. Last I checked it was still +4 but practically never gets any wrist time.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts