WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Hope you are having a good week!

Just interested in what drew you to buy a tag heuer or a heuer?

I will start. When I was 13/14 a friends farther used to collect watches. He was a Fireman and I was in awe of his 10 watch collection mainly they were Tags but he also had some Omegas. They were in various states of repair and I believe he used to tinker with them. This was pre Internet days so I suspect he collected from shows and local print advertising.

In my younger mind this is what success looked like and tag heuer was front and centre within that. My adult mind shows success comes in many forms 馃槉

I always lusted after tags from that point and it has resonated with me ever since.

How about you?

Registered
Great story!

My interest in TAG Heuer watches came from my father. My mother bought him a S/EL Quartz Chronograph on their honeymoon in Bermuda at a TAG AD in the early 90s. My father always has worn Submariners. TAG Heuer was everywhere on TV with Formula One in the 90s and early 2000s and I loved it. Loved the logo, the colours, the watches.. everything!

When I started showing interest in watches, my father gave me that TAG Heuer S/EL Chrono Ref: S35.406. That watch sparked this disease we all have haha! Ayrton Senna is my favourite F1 driver and I always enjoy seeing him in photos/videos wearing his S/EL Chrono or the 6000 series. I've owned and enjoyed dozens of TAG Heuers over the years. Currently I have just the S/EL Chrono and a quartz 6000.

That is my story with TAG Heuer, and look forward to reading more posts!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great story!

My interest in TAG Heuer watches came from my father. My mother bought him a S/EL Quartz Chronograph on their honeymoon in Bermuda at a TAG AD in the early 90s. My father always has worn Submariners. TAG Heuer was everywhere on TV with Formula One in the 90s and early 2000s and I loved it. Loved the logo, the colours, the watches.. everything!

When I started showing interest in watches, my father gave me that TAG Heuer S/EL Chrono Ref: S35.406. That watch sparked this disease we all have haha! Ayrton Senna is my favourite F1 driver and I always enjoy seeing him in photos/videos wearing his S/EL Chrono or the 6000 series. I've owned and enjoyed dozens of TAG Heuers over the years. Currently I have just the S/EL Chrono and a quartz 6000.

That is my story with TAG Heuer, and look forward to reading more posts!

That is a lovely history and I am sure that you will enjoy passing that S/EL down the generations 馃憦

Great share 馃憤

Registered
It was love at first sight when I first saw the blue Tag Monaco and to this day I still think it is the best blue dial watch out there.

Several years ago my wife went to visit her family in Mexico and being left alone for several days, I was in need of a pick me up so off I went and bought one. Kept it hidden for a few weeks until she confessed to something she'd bought in Mexico, at which point out came the watch and thankfully she loved it too ( though she never got to know how much it costs ).

It is one of the few watches I have that if it broke or was stolen, I would buy a new version as soon as possible.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It was love at first sight when I first saw the blue Tag Monaco and to this day I still think it is the best blue dial watch out there.

Several years ago my wife went to visit her family in Mexico and being left alone for several days, I was in need of a pick me up so off I went and bought one. Kept it hidden for a few weeks until she confessed to something she'd bought in Mexico, at which point out came the watch and thankfully she loved it too ( though she never got to know how much it costs ).

It is one of the few watches I have that if it broke or was stolen, I would buy a new version as soon as possible.
Love this, sounds like a great way to feel great. The blue dials are always my favourite especially the Monaco 馃憤I think I would keep the cost to myself also 馃槀馃ぃ

Registered
I had one of these because I was a Seiko fan:

But I lost it and needed a replacement. So I bought one of these:

But that really didn't check off all the boxes. Plus I really did not like the colors nor the gold accents. I'd much rather prefer a fully stainless steel watch. But I couldn't find what I was looking for until I saw an advertisement in the Sunday paper for a TAG-Heuer 2000 Chronograph:

Yes, I saved the ad. It's WAY closer to the Seiko 7A38-7020 than the other Seiko so I knew I had to have THIS one. It was something like 3 times as expensive as the 7A38 though and I had trouble finding it locally. Finally had my brother buy it at a jeweler near him in another state but for about 30% less.

From that point on I really liked TAG-Heuer as well as vintage Heuer and I continued to buy several 6000 models. Unfortunately, TAG really started to move into the goofy looking watches such as the Link series which I did not like and gradually fell out of admiration for TAG-Heuer models and moved back to Seiko.

But it was this circa 1994 2000 Chronograph that got me into TAG-Heuer.

Registered
I'm an Omega enthusiast- true and true.

I like cars and always liked the F1 and Monaco from a distance.

I had just sold a Planet Ocean after it's 4th warranty repaid and felt down.

Made some $$$ on the PO sale and when I saw the Grand Date dial I was hooked. The fact it was entry level and quartz was a bonus. My profits paid for it.

Registered
I think the brand is just a good all around brand. It has brand recognition and really nice designs. It was my first luxury watch. A way2110.BA0910. I think it is the most amazing looking diver. Unfortunately I no longer own it because I sent it in for maintenance and the company damaged it and so I got my money back. I do currently own a Carerra Day Date with Blue dial.

Registered
I was looking for my first somewhat upscale watch back in 2000 and thought of Tag Heuer based on their Formula 1 presence. I bought the 2000 Professional. After 20 good years with it I was gifted a green Carrera 02 Sport last year for Christmas. Stunning watch.

Reactions: DMass

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It seems that TAG or Heuer stays with you for a long time and not just for me 馃槀

The green dial on the Carerra @TeeFuce 馃槏馃槏馃槏

Registered
In my search for certain criteria I have went through quite a few watches. For me it's a dive watch in 41mm with a thin profile the perfect size for my tastes. Ive had Seamaster, Rolex, Longines, MKII, Sinn and so on, pretty much any dive watch in my criteria range you can think of. Think somewhere near 100 and that's close. The Seamaster was the one but I just never could like the bezel, too smooth and boring. The Sinn was a contender however it was a left crown and I just hated that.

I came across a wan2110 some time ago and thought that it was near perfect for me 41mm and about 12mm thick with the shorter lugs it laid neatly and perfectly on my wrist however a Longines Skindiver came up in a deal and I went with it for a while and in the process let the wan2110 go, big mistake, I ended up not liking the long lugs on the Longines so away it went too.

Fast forward to a few weeks ago and this wak2110 showed up on a deal and I just couldn't pass it up knowing how close in fit it is to the wan2110. Fit and finish is as good as most anything I've owned. Now this is my daily wear and the kicker is that it uses a pretty standard sw200-1 movement so I can easily fix or replace the movement for a long time in the foreseeable future without having to send it in for an expensive repair and I can even upgrade to eta if I choose, the benefit of being a watch mechanic.

Reactions: DMass

Registered
There鈥檚 a lot of reasons:
First luxury watch purchase, the Motorsport heritage, there quality control video on the website, affordability compared to other brands, they also seem to have something for everyone (cater to all lifestyles and price points) looks, quality, and the introduction to this back when I just younger. I still have a despite for Breitling as that鈥檚 my next choice running neck and neck. Omega is in the list as well.

Registered
That dial on that strap :love: :love:
Thanks! Black looks great too, but it's a little too dark for summer. It's also nice on a darker brown in my opinion. The combination reminds me of the forest, which we don't have much of here in Vegas.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts