WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 375 Posts

·
Registered
7,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there’s an Eterna Club and Kontiki thread, but I strongly feel that Eterna deserves its own “what are you wearing today “ thread in light of the fact that there isn’t a specific Eterna forum group.

So here’s the Eterna I’m wearing today, the 160th Anniversary commemorative Granges model with blue dial on OEM bracelet.

Let’s see your Eterna!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,969 Posts
Nice watch Jon and a great idea for a thread. I don't own an Eterna but have always liked them. Maybe this thread is the perfect excuse to buy one :)

·
Registered
7,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Nice watch Jon and a great idea for a thread. I don't own an Eterna but have always liked them. Maybe this thread is the perfect excuse to buy one :)
Thank you! I’ve been drawn to Eterna since my early days of collecting in the mid 1990s. My AD carried the brand but I was too busy going in different directions back in those days so I never made a purchase. Then I lost track of the brand and they fell off my radar sometime in the early 2000s. Fast forward to 2015 when I discovered the Madison and I fell in love with the brand all over again. I was surprised at just how good the finishing was on my Madison when it arrived. There are at least 5 other models I’d like to own... testament to their great designs.

At any rate, given the brands contributions to watchmaking I figure they deserve a daily thread. Now let’s see if we can start filling some pages!

·
Registered
7,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I’ve completely lost my mind! I just pulled the trigger on another watch I’ve wanted for some time. They sold out of the version on the left on Milanese bracelets so I grabbed the one in the middle. I have the Milanese that came with my Chronograph so I can switch around between the bracelet and Tropic strap.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Over three decades before I became interested in watches I found the simple elegance of this one hugely attractive. At £100 in 1976 it was probably quite an indulgence.

68A311AF-6CCF-4A97-B40F-DB6148C07E65.jpeg

It was nearly forty forty years before I bought another automatic and it’s one of only two in my collection to have a date complication, the other being a very ancient pocket watch.

·
Registered
7,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Over three decades before I became interested in watches I found the simple elegance of this one hugely attractive. At £100 in 1976 it was probably quite an indulgence.

View attachment 14605097

It was nearly forty forty years before I bought another automatic and it’s one of only two in my collection to have a date complication, the other being a very ancient pocket watch.
That’s beautiful.

1 - 20 of 375 Posts