WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

341 - 360 of 375 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
I'm enjoying this thread! I think I had the oldest Eterna shown so far. Might have to look for a newer one. I sure like the Kon Tikis! All the Eterna's
shown are very nice.
Question..what year did Eterna start using the ball bearing in their logo.
Thanks, Jim

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #347 ·
Switched to this one tonight. I ordered the Eterna rubber strap. Not an inexpensive item!

Super Kontiki Chrono 5 by Paul Stefansson, on Flickr
This watch is beautiful in blue! I struggled mightily when trying to decide between the blue and black dial. I went with black and love it but that blue is stunning!

How do you like the Milanese bracelet? I think it’s beautifully made and looks fantastic, but I find it a bit uncomfortable. Given its weight, I find the watch is much more comfortable on a strap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
270 Posts
This watch is beautiful in blue! I struggled mightily when trying to decide between the blue and black dial. I went with black and love it but that blue is stunning!

How do you like the Milanese bracelet? I think it’s beautifully made and looks fantastic, but I find it a bit uncomfortable. Given its weight, I find the watch is much more comfortable on a strap.

I like the bracelet but it is heavy! I purchased the Eterna rubber strap even though it was expensive. I was disappointed to find that they don’t even ship it with a buckle! I haven’t tried the strap as this is my only watch currently on a bracelet.

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #349 ·
Yes, it is heavy. No buckle with the rubber strap? That sounds like a mistake. Did you inquire about it?

When I ordered this limited edition KonTiki, it came on this orange and black NATO and also included the same rubber strap that came on the “strap version” of the chrono. I haven’t used the rubber strap but have been thinking about trying it out lately. And seeing this picture I took when I received the watch with the NATO on it is making me realize how good it looks like this. Perhaps I’ll put it back on the NATO.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Did Eterna go out of business? Their site hasn't been outdated in a while.

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #353 ·

Sure hope not. I wish they could turn things around. Their watches are beautiful and they have a phenomenal history.

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #355 ·
Wow that’s a good looking watch. Is this model with bracelet discontinued?

Thanks! I’m not sure if this version is still in production. I haven’t seen it advertised anywhere lately but there could still be a few floating around.

·
Registered
154 Posts

No they just never update anything it seems ever since they were bought out by Citychamp in 2012. I also heard from a service center that they were only working 2 days a week for most of 2020 because of covid. The brand has too much heritage to disappear completely, instead they would get bought out by another company like swatch group for example. I do wish Eterna would release something new though

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #357 ·
No they just never update anything it seems ever since they were bought out by Citychamp in 2012. I also heard from a service center that they were only working 2 days a week for most of 2020 because of covid. The brand has too much heritage to disappear completely, instead they would get bought out by another company like swatch group for example. I do wish Eterna would release something new though
I wish I could take this company over and restore its place in the market where it belongs, like what Breitling has been doing recently.

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #359 ·
Had an early meeting this morning, so I got this beauty all set up last night.

Arriving at work.

341 - 360 of 375 Posts