WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I purchased my SOH from the Breitling boutique I was give a bag of goodies including baseball hat,wallet , lapel pin and bar of chocolate .
From Wempe when I bought my Tudor I was given a 3rd strap.
Then this arrived by Fedex today ..
uploadfromtaptalk1409796524509.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1409796543946.jpg

It spins rather well on its base , a toy for my desk at work .

Anyone else? Who gives good freebies ?
Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: geoffbot

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
The prop is one cool giveaway. I don't buy from ADs so I get nada. I suppose the swag is like alo Vera after the burn. Makes it feel just a little better I suppose.

·
Registered
386 Posts
When I bought my Breguet Marine the AD was out of stock of the particular reference so had to special order.
Promised 2-3 weeks ETA for the special order. Turned out to be closer to 6 weeks after paying several thousand dollars of holding deposit.
My AD pushed her distributor rep to include a gift.
Got this very nice leather bound case and a Breguet travel diary along with a hand-written letter from VP of sales from Swatch North America apologizing for the delay.
Obviously the waiting was excruciating because this was the first time I bought from this particular AD, but in the end I was impressed at how they keep the customer in mind despite trouble.
Even just a little gesture can sometimes turn a pissed-off customer into a repeat customer (I have now bought 3 watches from this shop now).

Attachments

·
Registered
12,432 Posts
I bought my Tissot Heritage Navigator from an AD, and got a free 2-watch winder, and some other smaller stuff (cleaning kit, chocolate, notepad). I gave the winder to my wife as she finally has three automatics and was asking me how to keep them running so she didn't have to reset them when she wore them.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
That's a pretty cool freebie.

I've gotten hats, leather care products, polishing cloths, Swiss Army Knives, and the like. I'd gladly trade them all in for something like that.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I've only ever received a bag to carry my watches home in. Clearly I'm shopping at the wrong stores.

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
Casio sent me a Waveceptor atomic/solar watch for attending a webinar on their laser/LED projectors.
Audi sent me a baseball cap.
Saleswoman at a bicycle shop once ... Well, never mind.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Got a wallet with my Rolex and a winder with my Bovet.
Wallet got lost somewhere, will post a pic of the Winder when Iam home.

·
Registered
323 Posts

·
Registered
10,228 Posts
I've had all kinds of small things, hats, keychains, various bottles of alcohol (odd given that I don't drink). The best so far is when Seiko gave me a watch last year. Not a Grand Seiko or anything like that of course, but still, a nice gesture.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Bought a GO from an AD,

And it came with a Passport holder...

Love it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Got an Alpina leather wallet and a model airplane when I purchased my Alpina Aviator Chrono. When I purchased my Omega PO 8500 xl , the AD threw in an Omega toilletry travel bag an an Omega folding knife. Would have gotten a hat too, but they did not have any left.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts