WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,guys!

Help me! I want to buy good G-Shock watch in price up to $100 (which one is best in this price category)? What watches you would recommend to look on?

Thanks.

·
Registered
Unabashed Casio G-Shock fanboy
8,352 Posts
DW-5600e

·
Registered
647 Posts
You're not giving us much to work with besides price, so the recommendations you'll receive will be purely subjective. Here's mine: GW-7900-1JF, GD350 and GW900.

·
Registered
13,980 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum!
A small list:
GD-350
G-7900
G-7710
G-2900
GLX-6900
G-7510
GLS-100
GW-2310
GW-6900
etc, etc.
Those can all be had for under 100$ on amazon.com and they are all good - my personal favourite would be either G-7900, GLS-100 or GW-6900 - but the G-7510 is also pretty cool - it has a vibration alarm as does the GD-350.
So - we'd really need a few more hints to give any helpful recommendation. Do you want solar/atomic? Or standard battery? How big/small? Any preferences on color? Features? For example - if you want a loud alarm - go for a G-7710 or G-7900. If you want solar/atomic - the GW-6900 or GW-2310 would be good. If you think vibration alarm is a cool feature (I do) - GD-350 or G-7510 are your choices.

cheers, Sedi :)

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
You're not giving us much to work with besides price, so the recommendations you'll receive will be purely subjective.
Exactly.

What features are you looking for in a G-Shock, chops2?

You might want to take a look at this thread to help narrow down your choices: https://www.watchuseek.com/f43/start-here-choosing-your-g-shock-850524.html

Do you want a digital watch, or an analog-digital with hands as well? Do you want solar charging, atomic accuracy, or any other features like altimeter, barometer, compass, thermometer, or tide graphs?

There are a lot of G's to choose from, but there isn't one that's best at everything.

For what it's worth, my vote for "best value under $100" is the GW-6900-1 -- a classic and iconic G-Shock "look," good-sized without being one of Casio's "XL" G's, solar powered and atomic accuracy (assuming you live in or near the US, UK, Germany, Japan or China.)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Thanks guys, for recommendations.I have choosen 6 G-Shocks, now please help me to find each on the internet as cheap as possible with negative LCD. And yes,i am from Europe-Latvia.

GW-2310
GW-6900
GD-350
GW-7900
GLS-100
G-7710

Thanks in advance! :)

·
Registered
13,980 Posts
GD-350-1B and G-7710-1 are IMO the best choices when it comes to negative displays. The only one even slightly better is the G-7800B-1 - these three have probably the best negative displays of all G-Shocks I saw so far.

Cheers, Sedi :)

·
Registered
791 Posts
Where i can buy GD-350-1B for under $100? :)

Welcome to the forum! Anyway, maybe eBay..? Amazon..? To get a brand new mint 350 off the shelves, I doubt you'll find that kinda price in any shops. But I do know locally from where I am, I can find it =) Anyway for eBay & Amazon, I believe part of the fun is actually the watch-hunting process. And when the parcel finally arrived, that moment you slowly tear off the wrapping and slowly un-box it to uncover your priced possession, the satisfaction is priceless. Have some fun hunting! =D

·
Registered
791 Posts
View attachment 1199859

Agreed. I was looking for various G-Shocks and the best prices were either on eBay or Amazon.
Yeah but then again, for me, the cost of shipping is usually 1/3 to 1/2 the listed price of the watch. So end up i usually don't have a good deal. Otherwise, it's definitely cheaper most of the time

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
Yeah but then again, for me, the cost of shipping is usually 1/3 to 1/2 the listed price of the watch. So end up i usually don't have a good deal. Otherwise, it's definitely cheaper most of the time
Same thing here in Italy (or EU for what it matters)... if the best price online is $80, then there is shipping and customs, so in the end it usually costs approximatively $110 or €80. That is more or less the same price asked in EU online shops. The best price I can get for a G8900 is €79 with free shipping (Amazon Prime). It all depends on where you are located, but usually Amazon/eBay remain the best option.

·
Registered
6,897 Posts

For what it's worth, my vote for "best value under $100" is the GW-6900-1 -- a classic and iconic G-Shock "look," good-sized without being one of Casio's "XL" G's, solar powered and atomic accuracy (assuming you live in or near the US, UK, Germany, Japan or China.)
I completely agree. I would reconsider the negative display in order to get more bang for the buck. If you are set on a negative display, I agree with Sedi's choice. GD-350.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts