WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I often look for spare parts to my not-so-old Gs and go where I have heard: PACPARTS. But they never have stuff. Any other GOOD sources to get parts like bands and bezels? How do certain online stores get back to me saying they are ordering bezels for the brown 9300 when I can find that stuff nowhere. How does one get into the back door of Casio for ordering stuff?

Mike

·
Registered
457 Posts
I always just order directly from Casio. And when they say something will take a month it is usually 10 days YMMV. I ordered a band and bezel for my G9300ER-5 and got it in a little over a week

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Agreed about eBay. Bands for $45 when you can get me for 12 bucks if you know where to go. Which now I do!

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Pacparts can be less expensive than Casio occasionally, especially if you are ordering multiple parts. Unlike Casio, they will hold the parts and ship them all at once. Casio will ship them, and charge you, as each part comes in. Sometimes you'll get multiple parts at once, but not always. Pacparts gives you either option. Otherwise, for the east coast, I think it takes a little more time from Pacparts as they order the parts from Casio and have them shipped to California, then send them out later. But, the parts prices are different between Pacparts and Casio. So, it may pay to call both and figure out which parts to get from each. I had hoped that Pacparts would be more helpful than Casio, but the people that answer the phone there are not any better and occasionally worse than the Casio people, neither being what I would consider helpful. Casio is never rude though.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
I just received my Pacparts order and, while it took 8 weeks from order to delivery, it was worth the wait.
A few items were out of stock and it took almost a month for Pacparts to receive them from Casio.
Even with the delays, it was still less expensive than buying the parts on eBay and much easier then buying directly from Casio.

Patience is a virtue.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
I received my order from Casio USA a week or 8 or 9 days later due to the order being placed July 3rd before the holiday. I got the parts that were in stock and still waiting on 3 items. They did mix up a part that had a similar number. I ordered 2 of the black combi bracelets and I thought the price discrepancy was due to Casio USA being much cheaper than PAC Parts as I also noted most of the items were quite lower than Pac Parts even. Anyhow the Combi bracelets that they quoted at $30.31 turned out to be some kind of resin band for an unknown watch. The combi bracelet is part #10287227 and the part they sent was #10287727. When I called about the error they told me the correct price for the combi bracelet which was higher ($80), but still cheaper than PAc Parts ($102) Was there a time when the combi bracelet was $30-$50 a piece? Just seems expensive for what it is. I read on WUS that they did raise the prices recently, but just wondering if they were more reasonably priced when they debuted.

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
I have ordered a few parts from Casio UK - they have never had the parts in stock, and I've always had to wait. Anything from 10 days to 25 days. The only +ve point is that they don't actually deduct the cost from your card until they ship the goods. However, I've also ordered from Tiktox, and they usually arrive the next day!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts