WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 801 Posts

·
Registered
20,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well we seem to have a WRUW thread for most things, so how about a WRUW today that is a good old manual wind watch??

IMO nothing beats winding a watch to make you feel part of the whole Horological experience!

So I’ll start.

image.jpg

Today i’m Wearing one of my favourite watches, the Panerai 000, or Zero as it’s affectionately known amongst the Paneristi.

Inside is a good old 6497 pocket watch movement, that is a bit industrial to wind, but feels solid and makes a nice noise.

What hand cranker are you wearing today?? No Quartz or Autos allowed.

Ps, my I pad obviously spelt Cranker for me!! And I can’t change the title.

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
bigclive2011;49565267 IMO nothing beats winding a watch to make you feel part of the whole Horological experience[/QUOTE said:
Agreed...and lovely watch you have..enjoy in good health.

I am wearing today what has been on my wrist for nearly four months continuously.absolutely love the simplicity of this and the connection I have built with it 🙂

Attachments

·
Registered
20,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice Hammy!!

Love the Bezel!!

Reactions: Zzyzx

·
Registered
20,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Now that is a nicely decorated movement!!

·
Premium Member
4,454 Posts
Now I am sad. Both of my hand crankers, both heirlooms, are at the watchmaker's shop getting a cleaning (for the first time in 30 years). I should have them back soon!
In the meantime, here are a couple old pics. The Wittnauer was my paternal grandfather’s retirement watch, and the Elgin A11 belonged to my maternal grandfather.
Supposedly the Elgin was won in a game of cards, but more likely he loaned money to someone and never got paid back. While he wasn’t in the military service during WWII, he was a welder at the Kaiser shipyard in Richmond California where the Liberty ships were being built.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Timely thread - I've been enjoying one of my handcrankers tremendously. I wound up the Damasko DK101 yesterday. Felt so nice winding it & wearing it that it's getting another day of wrist time. Sadly after today it'll get put back in the box - this is not a watch to take to the beach.

·
Registered
20,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Some great watches coming out so far!!

Reactions: Zzyzx and TJ Boogie

·
Registered
20,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well best you get em out for TMW then or we’ll tell everyone you only have one watch!!

;)

·
Registered
20,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ford Capri Ghia Rodney!!

Reactions: Zzyzx and sticky

·
Registered
14,883 Posts
this 1 today

Attachments

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
This was my first hand wind :)

T6.jpg

So this is my first hand wind in the modern era and I have to say Im really enjoying it.

Slim and comfortable. I had my doubts about remembering to wind it or winding becoming a chore and I have to say neither have been an issue. I have been wearing this straight for the last 6 weeks or so as I have my other watches in storage for reasons and its been a delight.

2019-01-22 09.01.57.jpg

2019-04-22 06.20.02.jpg

1 - 20 of 801 Posts