WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Considering buying the Stowa GMT. Used to have an Ikarus but the case size at 40mm was too small for me.
I have been going through the forums and looks like the Flieger GMT that Stowa introduced in 2015/16 (?) never caught on??

Any specific reasons that it doesn't enjoy WIS favor? I have barely seen <5 wrist shots in past 4 years.

Can't be the case size (45mm) or L-L (52mm)......the smallest wrist size I wear is 42mm, 44mm is my comfort zone (along with many others in the forums)...........L to L of 50mm is common........thickness of under 13mm is ++.

Pricing is OK for a Titanium case and design (Laco GMT in Steel is $2K, Stowa is ~USD1,800).

Is it the Valgranges movement (ETA 07.171)?

So what gives???

·
Registered
771 Posts
Are you joking? 45x52 is quite big for most wrists and more and more are trending smaller watches..
I quite like the look of the larger Stowas but they are far too big for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
Was too big for me. I stick with 40mm generally, and the Flieger Sport was the largest at 43 but that one, I couldn't pull that off.

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
Hope STOWA will add a GMT model in the Flieger classic line.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hm, looks like size is the main reason this model not catching a break.
Well that is not an issue for me. My 3 watches in rotation now are all 45mmx50mm or larger..wrist size ~7.25".

Leaning towards Stowa over laco.........let's see.

aa4.jpg c2 (3).jpg s3 (2).jpg

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
OP, What did you end up doing?

I love my GMT! But it’s definitely not a small watch. Imo, due to the curved-down lugs it wears smaller than the 45mm diameter listed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Omega Speedmaster Pro, Stowa Marine 36 KS, Sinn 104
579 Posts
Way too big for me. My wrist is 7.5" and my sweet spot is 36-39mm.

But it seems that America and Asia still like 'em big, and Europe is going back to smaller watches as a trend.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts