WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

I bought a couple of watches off him, and loved watching his YouTube repair vids... but nothing on there for almost a year and no activity on here for almost as long...

Anyone know if he's OK? Really enjoyed his contributions...

·
Registered
820 Posts
Funny this thread should come up now. I'd watched one of his year-old vids about removing the movement from an Amphibia (he says 2209, vid title says 2409) just a few days ago. Just so happens I have a 2409 on the way as I type this, residing in what surely must be a Franken Amphibia...but a nice looking Franken!

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
I just happened to see this thread the other day after having a quick look. Talk about timing. It has been a while, yes, since I was here lurking or posting. Life seemed to throw me some stress the last year and then some.
Many things have accured with regard to friends and family but I will not go into much detail other then to just list some key words.

I don't mean to bum you out but this is life and I take the good with the bad and keep going. It made me feel good someone thought of me. Thank you. Dan

Surgery
Depression
Cancer
Death
Heartache
Sadness
Chemo
Radiation

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Life certainly throws some curves at you sometimes,I do sincerely hope some good ones find their way to you soon,The thought that I keep in mind always,is that if we did not have some seriously challenging things happen to us,the good times, when they ultimately happen,would not feel as truly inspiring as they do
Big wheel keeps a turning!

·
Registered
0 Posts
I typed this question in Google tonight as I miss the company Dan has been giving me when repairing my Slavas. I am sitting her with a whisky reminiscing about "Lubricating" the watchmaker; and the joint where you can go for "Liquor in the Front & Poker in the Rear"! I wish you well Dan, and hope that after all your troubles are over you give us some more entertaining videos. Cheers! Ken. Chichester, UK.

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
I've only just seen this - very sorry to hear about your troubles! I do hope everything is working out for you now, and that you are well!

·
Registered
473 Posts
Same from me, hope you are on the mend comrade

·
Registered
587 Posts
And the reassuring humor in your videos....I thought of you just last night when I finally got a really stuck Amphibia opened up by using straight auto shop techniques except no propane torch! All the very best to you, and the other missing Comrades. (-: PS--I think the case back may have opened up, two days after I started in on it, when it heard me thinking of busting out a cigarette lighter and giving it just a few gentle taps-- you are missed.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts