WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems like the prices have been lowered a little bit and somebody tried to make them random? 1072,72€ for the pilot now?

Is somebody bored at Stowa or what happened?

·
Premium Member
19,972 Posts
It seems like the prices have been lowered a little bit and somebody tried to make them random? 1072,72€ for the pilot now?

Is somebody bored at Stowa or what happened?
Sigh... can’t win them all. Price increased? = complain. Price reduced? = complain. LOL

Anyway, if I am not wrong, this had to do with the reduced VAT. In fact, the nett price had not changed but the tax went down from 19% to 16%. It used to be €1,100 with the 19% VAT included or €924.37 without.

This would explain the odd amount but all will be back to normal when the tax rate goes back up. The lowered tax rate of 16% is effective July 1st and runs till the end of the year.

·
Moderator at Large
53,150 Posts
You must have missed what has already been reported worldwide.
After the first wave of Covid-19, the government wants to boost the economy again and has therefore reduced the VAT rate from 19% to 16% until Dezember 31, 2020 (as just one measure). Stowa passes this on to the end user. Nobody in Engelsbrand is bored.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sigh... can’t win them all. Price increased? = complain. Price reduced? = complain. LOL

Anyway, if I am not wrong, this had to do with the reduced VAT. In fact, the nett price had not changed but the tax went down from 19% to 16%. It used to be €1,100 with the 19% VAT included or €924.37 without.

This would explain the odd amount but all will be back to normal when the tax rate goes back up. The lowered tax rate of 16% is effective July 1st and runs till the end of the year.
I didn’t complain about price increase. If anything, I’d rather see them increase the prices by further 20% and give us high quality straps as well.
You must have missed what has already been reported worldwide.
After the first wave of Covid-19, the government wants to boost the economy again and has therefore reduced the VAT rate from 19% to 16% until Dezember 31, 2020 (as just one measure). Stowa passes this on to the end user. Nobody in Engelsbrand is bored.
Ah damn, totally forgot about that. Thanks. You can close the topic.

·
Registered
29,181 Posts
At least members here had the correct answer for you.

Take advantage of the pricing while you can, IMHO......

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
At least members here had the correct answer for you.

Take advantage of the pricing while you can, IMHO......
I feel tempted by the new green ceramic diver...not sure if the few % will swing me in either way, but it’s not nothing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts