WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
Two months without any response? I'd call the local (in their locale) police or district attorney, maybe the local BBB. Maybe something happened, or maybe they've gone out of business. In the case of the latter, you might have to submit a claim to the court or their attorneys but I'd guess that any customer property would be identified and available for return.

\\ Sent from an Android or iOS device //

·
Registered
4,691 Posts
Looks like they have an ebay store, maybe contact them through there?, see if you get a reply

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
To be fair to Andy, he uses International Dial and six months is not unheard of with them…

I suggested Andy to the OP by PM. I had the same thing happen to me, but we got there in the end. Andy's not the first or last watchmaker to be casual or __________ about such things, but that doesn't stop it being a huge pain and very worrying to be at the other end of. I apologise to Spitfire007.

Hopefully he will dig his way out of the Ohio snowdrifts and sort this out pronto.

Try to contact Butch (VintageZodiacs.com). May be he knows more.
I dealt with Andy last year. All good. Except very long turn around. Dial restoration took 6 months.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just got an email from him. He was apparently at a watch show, says watch was done just before and timing checks will be done and invoice sent soon.
So that's positive!

Thanks to everyone. Good community here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
690 Posts
I have been trying to reach him for weeks. He's got a watch that isn't expensive but has extreme sentimental value. I'm happy that someone else has heard from him. But seriously... reply to one of my voicemails or emails.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
I worked out a deal with Andy last September (2016) to assemble and check out a Breitling I had and in return I'd send him a spare chronograph I had no use for. I even sent a spare movement for the Breitling so parts weren't an issue. Communication was prompt until he got the watches and then it stopped. No emails returned, no phone calls returned. I finally heard back from him in late January saying he was working on it. Now, again, no email response or communication. I don't consider waiting six months acceptable. I was looking for a new watchmaker for future projects but a timely turnaround is as important as quality work. Guess I'm still looking.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well I haven't heard back since Feb. considering calling the bbb or even the cops at this point. This is absurd.
I just want the watch back, fixed or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
113 Posts
I just saw this thread and my heart dropped. Some may have seen my ranting about my Croton that has been gone since December 2015. Andy is doing the work and I haven't gotten a response from him since December of '16 and still no watch. I have sent numerous emails and called the shop all to no avail. Even though the value of this watch has gone up in recent years it is the sentimental value that means the most to me. This is literally the watch that got me into watches before I even started kindergarten and I would never sell it. I at least had hope for it's safe return working or not but now I am fearful I will never see it again.

I have sent him a link to this thread. Maybe that can get a response.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
At this point, if it were my watches that went missing, I'd contact the Russellville, Ohio police dept, explain the situation to them and ask if they could sent a car to the address to see if the shop even exists anymore.

I had a similar situation with a watchmaker out here on the west coast and the report back to me was they found a empty storefront.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Curiosity took me to their website--they seem to have enough time and energy to keep their eBay sales going. If they'd kept a watch of mine since 12/15 and didn't communicate I think I'd be looking up the Ohio consumer protection bureau.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I have looked the Ohio consumer protection site up and I plan on contacting them. I am at the point of devastation. I was patient to a fault and now I am regretting it.

Edit: I just called the Russellville pd and the office is closed. At 4:40. On a Thursday.

·
Registered
480 Posts
At this point, if it were my watches that went missing, I'd contact the Russellville, Ohio police dept...
I'd suggest to post a message on VintageZodiacs forum. Andy is a moderator there and his recent message is dated Apr.11 as up today.
Probably it is additional option to work this out.
Sorry to hear about the issue...

1 - 20 of 37 Posts