WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apologies if this has been already brought up but has the criteria for selling watches here changed?

I just read a FS post that goes something like this: FS watch brand and type, box papers, CONUS only, asking price.
What????

More and more i am seeing FS posts that lack photos and dont show a rating out of 100 anymore along with other rule infractions.
It seems either members dont know the rules or dont take the time to read the sales rules which is frustrating.

·
Premium Member
36,086 Posts
Some people are not as detail oriented as others when it comes to a FS post, which I find surprising too, as I would think you want to provide as much info as possible when you sell a piece.

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lacking photos of something your selling should be the most important thing i would think but if it doesnt violate the guidelines then
it doesnt. I agree Nokie providing as much info and being honest as one can be only protects you as a seller.

·
Registered
15,919 Posts
No perfection in this world and pics help for sure. BUT, I've sold many, many watches without posting pics (on another site, because I couldn't get my pics to show even with mod help), asking an email request if interested (another pet peeve of the community I've learned). The way I looked at it, only the really interested buyers showed up, which is just the way I like it . . . .

Reactions: Mikeman

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
I no longer post ratings out of 100 in my listings. I've found that to be a really subjective rating and one that almost always ends up drawing some nit picking complaint by a buyer or prospective buyer.

I've literally had buyers argue with me the nuance of like a 97 vs 95 subjective rating, down to watches being within COSC specifications, but outside of their own level of expectation for timing. I.e. a buyer telling me my rating was 'way off' because the watch ran at -4s per day instead of -1 or 2.

Posting TZ ratings (or others) tend to bring out those types of criticisms more than just posting a watch, description, price and pictures.

·
Registered
15,919 Posts
Not to worry as I really don't think anyone is going to actually sell a watch (at least here) without any photos. I doubt anybody here with any sense would even PM them.
Eh, though I agree with you in general, if I saw a watch that I wanted (there are 2 right now) listed at a price that was fair (to me), I'd be the first senseless fool to do the PM dance, ymmv obviously . . .

·
Registered
5,941 Posts
Eh, though I agree with you in general, if I saw a watch that I wanted (there are 2 right now) listed at a price that was fair (to me), I'd be the first senseless fool to do the PM dance, ymmv obviously . . .
While I may be 'tempted" at some outrageously good deal I think the saying "if it seems to good to be true, it probably is" would stop me. I suppose if you did PM, the first thing you would likely request is pictures. I can't see completing a deal for an item .... even if it only cost 5 dollars, based on a description alone. Doesn't everyone have at least a cell phone with a cam nowadays and an email account? There is no excuse for selling something without pics unless the seller is attempting to hide something.

·
Registered
15,919 Posts
While I may be 'tempted" at some outrageously good deal I think the saying "if it seems to good to be true, it probably is" would stop me. I suppose if you did PM, the first thing you would likely request is pictures. I can't see completing a deal for an item .... even if it only cost 5 dollars, based on a description alone. Doesn't everyone have at least a cell phone with a cam nowadays and an email account? There is no excuse for selling something without pics unless the seller is attempting to hide something.
No disagreement apologies since I misunderstood. Pics are a must and I wouldn't buy anything without them, at a minimum. My point is/was, for a watch that I wanted, just a worded description would not stop me from pursuing via PM, phone call if available, etc.

Again, I've read some potential buyers won't even bother if the worded description says "PM/email for pics". I find that a bit silly. Pics in the listing or secured via seller later, still gotta do the due diligence . . .

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Photo is paramount.

A picture says a thousand words. In fact, post some pics, 3 bullet points:

- price
- payment method
- shipping preference

Period. Short and sweet.

·
Registered
8,386 Posts
I have seen many people violate the price rule, in that they remove the price after selling. I got dinged for that, but I have seen many sales posts with just that and no ding.

·
Premium Member
40,675 Posts
I have seen many people violate the price rule, in that they remove the price after selling. I got dinged for that, but I have seen many sales posts with just that and no ding.
Then please report them. The rules are the same for everyone

1 - 20 of 21 Posts