WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what happens with an atomic watch if you're in a place where it can't synch? Does it endlessly keep looking for a signal?

Fred

·
Registered
8,522 Posts
what happens with an atomic watch if you're in a place where it can't synch? Does it endlessly keep looking for a signal?

Fred
no, it will keep only looking for the preprogrammed times (usually every hour between 0:00 and 4:00 in the morning). if it fails to sync it will run like any other regular quartz watch without atomic function.

regards, holger

·
Registered
747 Posts
Also if you are in an area where you know you cannot get any signals, you can turn off the auto receive function.

·
Registered
8,522 Posts
Also if you are in an area where you know you cannot get any signals, you can turn off the auto receive function.
right, I forgot about that (probably because I live only 15 km away from the german transmitter). turning the auto receive off can save some power - though its usually not an issue with a solar watch.

regards, holger

·
Registered
57 Posts

Fred
On mine (GW810) syncing is only available i your home city is one of a list of cities in the reception area of one of the transmitters. if your home city is not on that list you don't need to do anything. If it is on that list but you can't receive because of local conditions you need to disable syncing.

·
Registered
747 Posts
On mine (GW810) syncing is only available i your home city is one of a list of cities in the reception area of one of the transmitters. if your home city is not on that list you don't need to do anything. If it is on that list but you can't receive because of local conditions you need to disable syncing.
Yep. That, too. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts