WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Banned
4,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today a very nice lady, who I'm certain is not a WIS, mistook my Tissot Seastar 1000 for a Fossil. Doesn't bother me really. From a distance both have "ss" appearing in the name. I told her no, it isn't a Fossil, but that I have a few of them. Took off the Tissot and let her check out the display back. I believe she thought it was nifty, but that I didn't convert a new WIS. Anyway, what have your watches been mistaken for? Were you offended? If so, why?
1302026980_tissot-seastar-1000_2.jpg
(picture borrowed from the web, because to say the camera on my phone is crap would be too generous)

·
Registered
5,042 Posts
Old vaudeville joke: I was walking down the street when a crazy person mistook my Datejust for a chicken. A few blocks later a friend asked why I didn't try to correct the guy. I stated that I would have, but needed the eggs.

Clearly I've run out of material...That's it for tonight, but I'll be back at 8 and again at 10 the rest of the week with matinee shows on Saturday and Sunday.

·
Registered
835 Posts
I can't recall having any of my watches mistaken for something else but in high school I had a fossil and a buddy of mine noticed it and said "holy crap is that a real fossil". Totally off topic but the op reminded me of it so I thought I would share.

Sent from my Arc using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
A colleague mistook my Luch for a Meistersinger.

I was glad he was familiar with the Meistersinger and that it wasn't the other way around. (On the other hand, then I would be done saving for one ;) )

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
2 Years ago, a colleague of mine took a glance at my newly acquired TAG Heuer Link.
When I showed him the sapphire caseback and told him the movement was automatic, he said: "Ah, it's a Kinetic!"

:)

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
In China, they always seem to think you have a Rolex!
They asked me about my Oris Aquis, about my Boschett Ocean Mariner, maybe some other watches too, and always they were saying: Rolex??
But I don't own any, and don't think I will ever own a Rolex...

·
Registered
221 Posts
A long time ago, but not in a galaxy far far away, a friend thought my Hamilton "looks like from that really expensive brand, but I can't remember the name".

(not my image)

My guess is she thought it was a Panerai.

·
Registered
10,872 Posts
A bank teller thought my Rolex was a fake .....Because everybody knows a Rolex costs $100,000.00 or more.

Reactions: stratct and Bwana1

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Timex ?, according to my friend :)

Damasko DA36 stock pic.jpg

·
Registered
283 Posts
My "orange Monster" is always mistaken for a "sub"!..............errrr,sometimes?.............okay,never happened!

Reactions: G07 and johnr41a

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
I was once asked if this was a Timex...I replied that it was ;-). This was at a big box store while I was browsing their selection of digital Casio and Timex so I wasn't offended at all. Now if I'd been at a high end watch AD, maybe a little offended but still probably wouldn't care too much.

Reactions: s.erickson87

·
Registered
45 Posts
A long time ago, but not in a galaxy far far away, a friend thought my Hamilton "looks like from that really expensive brand, but I can't remember the name".

(not my image)

Can you share the model name or number? I need one

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
I've had my SMP mistaken for a Breitling... some how. It might have had something to do with the Breitling hat I was wearing....

Sent from Russia.... with love.

·
Registered
226 Posts

(not my image)

Looks like a Graham without chrono pushers.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Not quite on topic, but as an aside I usually rotate my Sub and Explorer 2 and generally have absolutely no feedback from anybody. The half dozen times I have worn my Hamilton Khaki Quartz I have been complemented on it every time!

...annoying...!!!

Reactions: SParis
1 - 20 of 66 Posts