WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

21 - 40 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
17,054 Posts
I was once asked if this was a Timex...I replied that it was ;-). This was at a big box store while I was browsing their selection of digital Casio and Timex so I wasn't offended at all. Now if I'd been at a high end watch AD, maybe a little offended but still probably wouldn't care too much.

Whilst I'm hardly an expert on Omega I've never seen that model before. Is it new?

·
Registered
5,042 Posts
I was once asked if this was a Timex...I replied that it was ;-). This was at a big box store while I was browsing their selection of digital Casio and Timex so I wasn't offended at all. Now if I'd been at a high end watch AD, maybe a little offended but still probably wouldn't care too much.

I tend to be more of a Rolex fan, but across the board Omega's two-tones are much more appealing. I don't think I've seen a two-tone Seamaster yet that I haven't really liked.

·
Banned
4,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Not quite on topic, but as an aside I usually rotate my Sub and Explorer 2 and generally have absolutely no feedback from anybody. The half dozen times I have worn my Hamilton Khaki Quartz I have been complemented on it every time!

...annoying...!!!
Close enough. Sorry, but it's still funny.

·
Registered
14,861 Posts
Thankfully ... Nothing! I think I'd genuinely get annoyed if something like that happened.

·
Registered
175 Posts
My Orange Monster has often been mistaken for a Fossil.

I don't think it's that the Monster looks like a Fossil, but Fossil is just a brand a lot of people are familiar with.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Whilst I'm hardly an expert on Omega I've never seen that model before. Is it new?
Sadly it's long been discontinued and was a killer watch. It is the one piece I owned that I should have NEVER parted with (and deeply regret doing so to this day) as I will never be able to get another. The reference # is 2294.52 and it featured a titanium case and bracelet, tantalum bezel, 18k rose gold pushers, crown, bezel insert, hands and markers and contained the Omega 3303 column wheel chronograph movement.

·
Registered
17,054 Posts
Sadly it's long been discontinued and was a killer watch. It is the one piece I owned that I should have NEVER parted with (and deeply regret doing so to this day) as I will never be able to get another. The reference # is 2294.52 and it featured a titanium case and bracelet, tantalum bezel, 18k rose gold pushers, crown, bezel insert, hands and markers and contained the Omega 3303 column wheel chronograph movement.
Pretty cool. Nice hands. Perhaps a bit bling for me.

·
Registered
519 Posts
I have been asked on two occasions if my bronze Benarus was a Fossil. Doesn't bother me at all. On one of the occasions it led to a fun conversation about watches (teenager working at a grocery store who was an encyclopedia of knowledge about the watches his dad has).

2.jpg

·
Banned
4,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
I have been asked on two occasions if my bronze Benarus was a Fossil. Doesn't bother me at all. On one of the occasions it led to a fun conversation about watches (teenager working at a grocery store who was an encyclopedia of knowledge about the watches his dad has).

View attachment 1136936
I guess the moral of the story is at least the watch was noticed. Not so we can show off, but that somebody showed the slightest interest and gave us an opening to talk about our favorite subject.:-d Nice watch by the way, I wish I would spot one of those on somebody's wrist. Seems like a very WIS sort of watch.

·
Registered
5,696 Posts
Last time I was in Vegas I was wearing this

The dealer asked me what Rolex model I had. Apparently he sees a lot of Rolexes and they all have the cyclops. Thus, he thought any watch with a cyclops is a Rolex.

·
Registered
14,861 Posts
I don't get it - what's to be annoyed about? I'd rather someone mistake a Rolex (I don't have a Rolex) for an Invicta (I don't have an Invicta either) than the other way around.
Out in public, no one notices your watch or says anything 99.9% of the time. That .1% when they do ... They should at least peek at the dial when standing next to me before commenting on it. Or, just say; "Hey, nice watch. What type is that?"

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Seen both ends of this scenario. I once made the mistake of complimenting a guy's Lange 1 in the Hong Kong airport and it turned out to be a yellow gold GO Panomatic.
On the receiving end, I've had my Kadloo twice mistaken for a Rolex (to be fair it's a Yachtmaster homage).

Both instances pale in comparison to an Indonesian client of mine (and fellow WIS) who had his IWC Da Vinci mistaken for an Invicta Lupah once in San Antonio....

·
Registered
859 Posts

never seen this PO before....looks nice....maybe a lil bling for my wrist but looks good

·
Registered
859 Posts
Not quite on topic, but as an aside I usually rotate my Sub and Explorer 2 and generally have absolutely no feedback from anybody. The half dozen times I have worn my Hamilton Khaki Quartz I have been complemented on it every time!

...annoying...!!!
that happens.....and i think the reason is that ppl think rolexes are fake

my Seiko 5 Diver has be mistaken as a 'fake rolex submariner'

·
Registered
556 Posts
That is a beautiful watch! I'm usually not a fan of two-tone at all, but that just works! It's the perfect amount of rose gold in my opinion, it really sets the watch off without being too over the top. I'd be just as bummed as you about parting with it.

·
Registered
522 Posts
A few people have mistaken my Orient Ray for a Rolex. I can understand that. To somebody who knows about watches, it's missing the cyclops and the Mercedes hour hand, plus it has the day, PLUS it has the day pusher, etc. etc. so it's obviously not a Sub. But if you don't know to look for this sort of stuff, I get it.

A bit concerning is that I found out about one of these mistakes late. A guy I see pretty frequently had thought it was a Rolex for a couple months but never said anything. Finally he said something about how I should buy a round of drinks with my Rolex money. The misunderstanding was cleared up quickly.

21 - 40 of 66 Posts