Registered
3,384 Posts
My all original, gilt dial, 1963 GMT

was mistaken for a Citizen.

Reactions: AlphaWolf777

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
My Rotary Chronospeed for the Breitling Navitimer. As it's an homage, no big surprise. But I always tell what it is, does look pretty good though. b-)

·
Premium Member
5,682 Posts
I had a friend ask me if my Speedy is a Rolex!

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
I was wearing my Bell & Ross 01 Heritage picking up some shoes for my kids. One of the workers came up and told me that my watch was "sic" and asked if it was a Diesel. I told him it was a Bell & Ross, and he asked, "where could I find one of those...like Banana Republic?". :)

IMG_1809.JPG

A bank teller thought my Rolex was a fake .....Because everybody knows a Rolex costs $100,000.00 or more.
This is so funny. A friend of mine was over at the house, and he asked to see my latest collection. I brought them out and started going through some. I showed him the Panerai, PO 9300 and a few others. Then I got to the Explorer II. His eyes lit up, and he said, "you have a Rolex?".

·
Registered
1,509 Posts

·
Registered
14,861 Posts
that happens.....and i think the reason is that ppl think rolexes are fake
Sad to say but, when out & about in public, if you see someone on the street in casual attire sporting a Rolex; chances are it is a fake one.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Sad to say but, when out & about in public, if you see someone on the street in casual attire sporting a Rolex; chances are it is a fake one.
Not necessarily.... Unless you consider cargo shorts, Birkenstocks and a t-shirt dressed up.... My friends and I are very casual outside of work but also sport some nice watches- which I assure you are authentic. Just cause I look like a bum doesn't mean I am one. ;)

Reactions: ljb187

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
One was mistaken for a coffee cup saucer by a waiter at a restaurant....

That's when I decided, the big watch fashion was getting out-of-hand.

·
Registered
14,861 Posts
Not necessarily.... Unless you consider cargo shorts, Birkenstocks and a t-shirt dressed up.... My friends and I are very casual outside of work but also sport some nice watches- which I assure you are authentic. Just cause I look like a bum doesn't mean I am one. ;)
Ah! But you're a WIS.

Not Rolex's "average" customer. Wall Street here in NYC is practically next door to China Town. Half the dudes on Wall Street are either sporting real Rolexes or nicely done fake ones. Honestly, there are guys out there sporting Rolex watches who have no clue that there isn't a quartz movement in their brand new (real) watch.

·
Registered
413 Posts
No specific mistakes, but I'm always asked why I am wearing a girl's watch T_T

·
Registered
522 Posts
Ah! But you're a WIS.

Not Rolex's "average" customer. Wall Street here in NYC is practically next door to China Town. Half the dudes on Wall Street are either sporting real Rolexes or nicely done fake ones. Honestly, there are guys out there sporting Rolex watches who have no clue that there isn't a quartz movement in their brand new (real) watch.
I don't think I've ever seen a fake Rolex with a quartz movement. The Chinese have been making cheap automatic movements for a while now and that's all I've seen used in Folexes.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I don't think I've ever seen a fake Rolex with a quartz movement. The Chinese have been making cheap automatic movements for a while now and that's all I've seen used in Folexes.
I have! And the bracelet, dial and case actually looked OK from 1 meter away. It was the second hand ticking that gave it away.

·
Banned
4,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
As it happens a jeweler in my hometown bought himself a "Folex" while vacationing in Hong Kong. It had a quartz movement. I actually asked him one day if the person who sold it to him-for about 15$-knew he was a jeweler. He just laughed.

41 - 60 of 66 Posts