WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's the old story, I saw something on eBay, put in a low bid as a substitute for adding to my watch list and next day I'm paying the seller and wondering what the hell I've done (pics from eBay);
$%28KGrHqJ,%21iIE2KSUm47%29BNyOGNbtuQ%7E%7E_3.JPG $%28KGrHqUOKpgE25nLEFgGBNyOLZQ%21EQ%7E%7E_3.JPG
There's no mention on the dial of jewels, nor sight of them in the movement. It's probably a pin pallet movement and I was thinking Ruhla, who did a basic Chronometer but the movement looks completely different. It might be one of the low end Swiss companies from the 50's but I can't find any references to the name or anything similar in design.

Does anyone here have any history/experience?

·
Registered
3,841 Posts
Fancy dial, but underneath the (0) jewel pin pallet, hacking chronostop. Your pushers are in an unusual position for one of these, also seeing a centre hand AND a subdial is unexpected. I am curious how they work on this model, please let us know when it turns up. From the look of it, perhaps the centre second is even 'clutched/engaged' which would be cool. No reset to zero though.

Similar thing here, and here plus other useful links.

·
Registered
7,743 Posts
Well it looks like its in really nice condition. I bet you'll get a lot of fun out of it.:-!

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
Interesting looking watch... Looks in good condition!

If you have not paid much... I think you have done ok! Doing similar searches to you guys, cant find a matching movement! Its certainly a different one to have in the collection....

·
Registered
884 Posts
The dial, case and overall look is very familiar to the brand, "Lings". They appear from time to time on eBay. For some reason, they end the auction very pricey. I have seen this model with the brand, Sekos, just once before. I also have a chronostop, Wolbrook, with a Rego movement. Paid only USD16 for it. It has tachymeter and telemetre scales. It's also the kind you wear when you can be care-free. Good and sometimes strange conversation piece when people see it. "What kind of bracelet is that?", "Omega Speedamster?", "quartz?" and so on, hehe. You'll get that a lot too with your watch.
DSC02167.JPG

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's arrived - as described in every way (down to running fast, even with the regulator all the way back; I can only assume I should be stopping the movement for 5 min/hour). The sub dial is linked to the hour hand, but moves counter clockwise with it. It reads 0 when the minute hand covers the hour hand at 22 min to 8. I've swapped it only a shiny brown croc finish strap. It's pretty but I can't think who would have bought it new.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts