WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve just had itchy trigger finger syndrome on eBay and purchased a pocket watch in need of some work, it’s running fast and needs a crystal so I’m hoping a service and new crystal will sort it, I’ve had a quick look around t’interweb and Syren could be Record watch co or someone else,

I’m not 100% but the movement has been described elsewhere as a Thommen, whatever it is I think it’s quite a good movement, what do you think?

Matt

Brought to you by HYPNOTOAD

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Might be a Record watch company watch

I wonder if the watch was magnetized?
I’d wondered that myself, I’ll find out when it arrives.

Matt

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
Record.

The running fast depends on how fast. A cleaning needed fast or fast like a bat out of hell. One thing to note is on "snail cam" regulators like that the needle in the middle means squat. If you visualize turning that cam you would note that it is actually hard banked over at the moment.

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Record.

The running fast depends on how fast. A cleaning needed fast or fast like a bat out of hell. One thing to note is on "snail cam" regulators like that the needle in the middle means squat. If you visualize turning that cam you would note that it is actually hard banked over at the moment.
Ten minutes a day according to the seller, I do notice that the regulator is fully over I think a service should sort it out.

Matt

Reactions: thoth

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Ten minutes a day according to the seller, I do notice that the regulator is fully over I think a service should sort it out.

Matt

There's a good chance of it. You have no idea what kind of amplitude it's managing till you have it in hand. <90 degrees of amplitude (seen it!) will run fast as hell.

·
Registered
738 Posts
I thought, I recognized the movement

RT31AB.JPG RT31.JPG

These are of good quality featuring Breguet hairspring, bimetallic split compensated balance, screw-set jewels, regulator with snail cam adjuster.

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Reactions: SunnyOrange
1 - 10 of 10 Posts