WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I said in the title above.. what kind of design we would like to see Glycine produce (for next Basel)?
Take this as an add-on to John T thread about Glycine chronos.

I'll start with 2 images as a first suggestion. Sorry for image quality, but I didn't have enough time to make it better.
This aren't actual photos.
I think that they should be in 48mm case (46 will do), have a display case back, 24mm leather strap with rivets and IWC style bucke - not a standard belt buckle. WR at least 50m.

Like to hear all your thoughts about what is Glycine thinking for a next Basel???

btw
Thanks' John T for a goood comments in thread about Glycine chronos. Everybody should read that.

Merry Xmass to all.

Attachments

·
Registered
259 Posts
Re: What I would like to see from Glycine ??

Thats an easy one for me.

As nice as the rubber strap for the Lagunare LE is, I would still like to see a SS bracelet for it. Its a shame that Glycine doesn't make one for that exquisite model!

·
Registered
725 Posts

For me:

A new SST Chronograph

Another attempt at a round Airman Chronograph (as in a purist 24-hour version with three subdials).

Something to take the place formerly occupied by the Airman 2000

Just my two cents...

-Michael

·
3,630 Posts

I'm with Zenn...of course...

1) SST chronograph

2) domed sapphire crystals through the line

3) Airman 2000 replacement

·
Registered
1,493 Posts

Following on from my post about chronographs, I would like Glycine to:

1 ) Add a continuous seconds sub-dial to the Combat Chronograph, this would make it near perfect.

2 ) Airman chronograph with functions not compromised by design and capable of being configured as a purist 24 hour.

3 ) Airman SST06 Chronograph.

4) A replacement for the Airman 2000 / Airman 46. A 44mm version would be good.

·
Registered
166 Posts

Beard,

Very good suggestions!
I'm a sub40-guy ;-)
I prefer watches with a diameter less than 40 mm. The crown is not really my cup of tea.

Like all the other ideas on the watch!

rgds,
/joakim

·
Registered
166 Posts

My wishes from the Santa Claus residing in the factory on Eckweg 8 in Biel:

Another sub 40-mm Airman with a domed sapphire crystal. Not necessarily a Vintage re-make, even though one would be much appreciated.

Maybe a new quartz (budget) Airman to replace the design-wise somewhat outdated current quartz. Purpose: snare ;-) newcomers to the 24-h design and for me to get one to wear when travelling. Don't want an irreplacable watch when travelling in too touristic areas.

rgds,
/joakim

·
Registered
584 Posts

As I said in the title above.. what kind of design we would like to see Glycine produce (for next Basel)?
Take this as an add-on to John T thread about Glycine chronos.

I'll start with 2 images as a first suggestion. Sorry for image quality, but I didn't have enough time to make it better.
This aren't actual photos.
I think that they should be in 48mm case (46 will do), have a display case back, 24mm leather strap with rivets and IWC style bucke - not a standard belt buckle. WR at least 50m.

Like to hear all your thoughts about what is Glycine thinking for a next Basel???

btw
Thanks' John T for a goood comments in thread about Glycine chronos. Everybody should read that.

Merry Xmass to all.
Please please... dont make a "copy" of BP... the reason why I got my D24 for its unique look and the original design!!!! Because Glycine = Original!! By making a BP look alike just kill the whole image of Glycine!!

I would expand the SST. Just my $0.02

Bruce

·
Registered
1,493 Posts

I have to agree Bruce; there is enough design heritage at Glycine to be able to produce something that says "Glycine".

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

.....there is enough design heritage at Glycine.....
I agree with both of you, but I also like the pilot type crown. Lets' say we erase the crown from images and go forward to the next point.
Can you imagine (for example) KMU 48 with centre seconds hand?

Would like to have B-watch in 46mm size with all 3 hands in centre from Glycine. My better half just came in from NY and handed me as a Xmass present one watch with old Unitas hand wind movement in 46 size, but it is not Glycine, and I want Glycine.

What about movements used so far?
imho - nothing to change. Any suggestions?

What about small things (someone would say cosmetics) like crown protectors, etc.
And a few things to think about (replies most welcome, keep this on) ...

I'll start with example - my Lagunare LCC1000:
Seconds hand is not luminous. As soon as my warranty runs out I'll try to talk my watchmaker to change it to luminous one. I use all of my watches in dark conditions and I like to be shure that this thing is running.
Because of noise arround I can't hear it ticking.
Second thing - buckle or flip-lock, butterfly clasp or something else?
LCC1000 has only standard belt buckle on rubber (leather) strap. My wish is to have a flip-lock with safety for rubber strap.
I think lot of us would like to have a steel bracelet with solid end-link for LCC1000.
If Glycine ever produce such a things I'll stay in a row to buy them.

That's all folks. I'll have to run and buy a Xmass tree or someone is going to kill me.

Attachments

·
Registered
54 Posts
hi,

I'm an Incursore fan and I was looking forward to the Incursore power reserve but was a bit disappointed with the execution. I hope Glycine gets rid of the cyclope lens and redesign the power reserve to look less like a happy mouth wide open and put some indices/markers for the minutes and possibly a 44mm version also.

happy new year to everybody!

tony

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Glycine!!!! Are you listening??? please do a solid end link bracelet to complement the Lagunare LCC!!
RIGHT - Are they listening?? imho - I think not

one add-onn
Yesterday I was at my AD and I had a Tissot seastar 1000 with rubber band in hands. You should see that divers clasp on rubber - flip-lock with safety and divers extension. That's the way to do it. Sorry I don't have a photo.

·
Registered
94 Posts
a white faced SST06 option and an SST06 chrono option with all colour faces as options'

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
I am still hoping for a well designed chronograph with a continuous seconds sub-dial. A tri-compax SST chronograph would be a dream watch; other ideas would be to add a continuous seconds hand to the Combat chronograph or a revamp of the Airman 9 chronograph.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I am still hoping for a well designed chronograph with a continuous seconds sub-dial. A tri-compax SST chronograph would be a dream watch; other ideas would be to add a continuous seconds hand to the Combat chronograph or a revamp of the Airman 9 chronograph.
Hy John,
SST and Airman 9 chronos - that would be nice (and expensive).
:-! Tri-compax SST is the watch to kill for.

I am still hoping for steel bracelet with solid end-link for LCC1000 and I'am waiting to change LCC1000 seconds hand for a luminous one.

regards

·
Registered
14 Posts
My perfect watch is a 47 mm version of the one I already have. I can't call any watch perfect unless it has the circular symmetry of all 12 arabic numbers displayed in full (uncropped). The Ningaloo reef complique in classic white with black numerals is as close as it gets for me. A chronograph to record flight times, the lunar display lets me know the moonlight available for evenings when I fly on the goggles, and the day/date combo always helps remind me how many days off the date display is if I've put it in a drawer for awhile. If only it were bigger.. I miss the numbers 12, 9 and 6 so much. Ernst Benz has 47mm Valjoux 7751 movements but I hate the lumanescent numbers on a white dial, and I much prefer the no nonsense bold numerals from Glycine rather than the fancy styleized ones used by others. Any Glycine reps actually read this forum?

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
I would like Glycine to make some minor modifications to the Combat Chronograph to include a continuous seconds sub-dial, something like this:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts