WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,472 Posts
Definitely. What style are you looking for? Size? Budget? I have suggestions in mind for most situations but I would hate to throw out a bunch of things you aren't interested in.

As an afterthough, I too am a huge Seiko fan. Mine range from a $50 Seiko 5 to a $650 Seiko SARB.

·
Premium Member
5,440 Posts
Orient has some nice automatics for less than $100.
cottontop

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
You really need to narrow your field, otherwise you could just as easily be asking about a nice, inexpensive car, American or Japanese, that's an automatic. In fact, I'd venture a guess that there are far more watches that meet your criteria than there are cars that meet the above...

With that said, as others have suggested, Orient and Seiko are going to be very hard to beat. Also, look at watches that carry Myota movements; quite a few dive watches carry that engine, look at some inexpensive watches from Precision Time, their Sottamarino line is decent, a few of those are autos.

Swiss? Tissot, Hamilton, ESQ has some models that are auto, I think that they have Ronda movements driving them.

Good luck, let us know your tastes and I'm certain people on here more knowledgable than I am can certainly help you out!

Dan

·
Registered
21,068 Posts
It may not seem it depending on your position, but that is an expansive question. So many automatics are good--lower end Seiko divers, microbrew watches like Bernhardt, Helson, Halios and others, and entry level Swiss watches like Tissot and Hamilton (one of my personal favorites). And of course, affordable can vary greatly from person to person. Oh, and then there's personal taste....no accounting for the fact that I prefer a chunky diver or a chronograph and you may prefer dressier three hand watches.

But if I were to take a total stab in the dark, I'd say get a Bernhardt Binnacle Anchor or a Seiko SKX007.

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
Seiko SKX007 would suit you just fine.

cheers,
Jake.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.