WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Sadly I'm too afraid to remove the back case without the proper tools or knowledge to do so.

However this watch has been handed down to me over ten years ago, and is a the watch my grandfather wore. It will be real, but I'm not sure if it's had work or parts replaced, or if it's just rare.

Either way I hope to get it fully fixed and refurbished to look brand new, and more importantly work.

can anyone help me identify what model it is, how much is would cost to fix it, and even better where to send it to?

i just can't bare letting it sit and gather dust anymore.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I get the feeling I'm going to have to have someone professionally remove the back casing to show just what model it is. If anyone has any information or places they can recommend getting a watch fully restored, I would be most grateful.

Sorry I can't provide more information at the moment.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Wood

Ok so I got the back off and have lots of numbers.

In the picture on the left hand side (in the watch) I have written:
17jewels

and on the back plate I have written:
121.001-64

can anyone help me identify this with the info and pics given? The thing is I've used the search tool at the omega site, but the watches I see are gold, when mine looks like white gold or silver. Which makes this all the more interesting.
Watch Text Analog watch Font Brand

·
Registered
10,643 Posts

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
121.001 is the model number. Caliber 269 is a fine movement. If the case is white gold it would be very rare. Yours appears to be stainless steel. The vintage database is not always accurate as to case material as many different variants of case styles were made back then. If its gold there will be a gold hallmark on the inside caseback. If stainless is should say acier inoxyable or acier staybrite. It appears to have a linen style dial pattern. Value wise, as it sits now, maybe $350 usd if stainless. Fully serviced and cleaned it may be worth in the $800 range. If its white gold you may be looking at doubling that estimate.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you for the feedback cajunmike.

As long as it works and is returned to a great state then I'm happy. I couldn't sell this though, whatever it is worth.

After all you can't put a price on sentimental value. And yes you were right. I checked the back case and found it to be marked as you suspected, and most likely stainless steel.

Im just waiting on a response from the watch guy. judging from the feedback it sounds like it shouldn't be an issue to fix or restore, though I'm hoping the cloth face can be restored too. Time will tell...

·
Registered
10,643 Posts
The dials can be a problem to clean , a bit hit a miss adi don't be surprised if it doesn't come back looking brand new dial , this thing is old so not a bad thing to keep all original. Look forward to finished result.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The dials can be a problem to clean , a bit hit a miss adi don't be surprised if it doesn't come back looking brand new dial , this thing is old so not a bad thing to keep all original. Look forward to finished result.
I think the internals will be easy enough to clean, and restore. I'm just not sure how the linen face would be cleaned. Luckily it hasn't got too much discolouration, which should make it a lot more straight forward to tackle than some of the other vintage watches that go under the knife.

I'll post pictures when it is finished. Though I'm still having trouble in regards to what strap to go for. Most people use a black leather strap, which works well with the silver. But I liked the idea of toying with a steal bracelet. I guess I'll know what will workbest when I get it back.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.