WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Actually the Miyota quartz movement is manufactured by Citizen and sold to a variety of less expensive companies. It is considered to be a well manufactured and durable movement.

Bulova is on example of a watch manufacturer that uses the Miyota movement in some of its models.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks both. Do you have a website about this movement? or something?
Batman:)

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
There are many Miyota movements, with differing features and levels of quality. Do you have a certain model in mind?

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
519 Posts
Miyota is the name Citizen gave to its ovement company !! They make some really good top notch movements specialy the automatic 21 jewel they can't make enough of them ! :-!

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It's a mechanical movement, i.e. no electronics. It's an automatic, so you don't have to manually wind it. It winds itself when you move around.
I know my watch is automatic but what kind of movement does it use? in the shop they said it had a japanese machine but I dont know the movement:-(

·
Registered
33 Posts
  1. Look up Miyota on Google.
  2. Go to the Miyota webpage.
  3. Look under Mechanical.
  4. Your watch will likely have Calibre 8215, 821A or 8205 movements.

·
Registered
205 Posts
The movements inside of watches can be broken into two broad types. One type is quartz....like we find in G-Shocks. The movement (called a module in the G Shock) consists of electronics powered by a battery. The electronics cause small currents to change the digital figures on your Liquid Crystal Screen. Note: the electronics can be used to power small step motors that connect to hands in a analog display (one with hands). The power for these electronic watches comes from a battery or solar panel.

The second broad type of movement is a mechanical movement. They consist of a series of springs, gears, levers and so forth. The movement is powered by a mainspring, which must be wound.....either by hand, or by a little rotating weight inside the watch which tightens the spring as it spins around as you move your wrist. This type of automatic winding watch is called...an automatic! These mechanical watches will have analog displays.

Your watch is a automatic watch with a mechanical movement. Miyota movements (made by Citizen watch company) are some of the better mass produced movements, along with Seiko. I have several watches with Miyota movements, and find them tough, durable, and accurate....they compare well with the Seiko 7S26 and 7S36 movements.

Suggestion: Google on Miyota movement (your movement number here) and read about it on the web. You can do the same for Seiko movement 7S26 and so forth. The web is a wonderful thing for learning about things like this. Enjoy.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi pal and thanks for the info. The problem is my watch doesnt have the movement on the backcase...it only says US. Patent pending, the Model "Fossil Blue" and the model code but nothing else so I dont really know. All I know is that it is a mechanical watch as you already said with japanese machine.
Thanks a lot!:):):)
Batman

The movements inside of watches can be broken into two broad types. One type is quartz....like we find in G-Shocks. The movement (called a module in the G Shock) consists of electronics powered by a battery. The electronics cause small currents to change the digital figures on your Liquid Crystal Screen. Note: the electronics can be used to power small step motors that connect to hands in a analog display (one with hands). The power for these electronic watches comes from a battery or solar panel.

The second broad type of movement is a mechanical movement. They consist of a series of springs, gears, levers and so forth. The movement is powered by a mainspring, which must be wound.....either by hand, or by a little rotating weight inside the watch which tightens the spring as it spins around as you move your wrist. This type of automatic winding watch is called...an automatic! These mechanical watches will have analog displays.

Your watch is a automatic watch with a mechanical movement. Miyota movements (made by Citizen watch company) are some of the better mass produced movements, along with Seiko. I have several watches with Miyota movements, and find them tough, durable, and accurate....they compare well with the Seiko 7S26 and 7S36 movements.

Suggestion: Google on Miyota movement (your movement number here) and read about it on the web. You can do the same for Seiko movement 7S26 and so forth. The web is a wonderful thing for learning about things like this. Enjoy.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Hello Batman:

We've got a nice thread going over on the Affordables forum concerning Miyota movements. Check it out. The guys on that forum are very intelligent regarding auto movements.

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
Most common citizen miyota quartz we often seen is 8205 (date only) and 8215(Day/date).

Btw, I hate miyota quartz. They are some of the most difficult movt to remove the stem from main parts.

Swiss quartz win hands down.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts