WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the normal deviation when you wind up your new Tag Heuer Carrera LE Monaco grand prix with Calibre 16, I mean wind up by hand (not wearing it)?
Why I ask this? I also bought an Breitling Avenger Seawolf, this watch is still, after 1 week, even to the automic clock. No second deviation.
The Tag is every day 1 minute later, so after one week it's 7 minutes later then the automic clock, is this normal?
Sorry for my bad english, it's not my native language.

·
Registered
5,905 Posts
My Carrera has lost about 9 seconds in the last 2 weeks but that's better than the average I think. Sounds like your TAG is worse than average and your Breitling very abnormal for an automatic watch!!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Breitling has an COSC and the Tag not maybe that's the difference? But do I have to go back to the jeweler I bought it from?

·
Registered
495 Posts
My Carrera D&D runs about a minute per week fast.

·
Registered
14,389 Posts
The Cal 16 is a ETA/ Valjoux 7750. Even in it's most basic version it shouldn't vary by more than +/-5 seconds a day. If your watch is new you may want to see if you can swap it out for another. Otherwise it may need a service or a regulation.

Valjoux Specs per wikipedia:

• the Elaborated grade is adjusted in three positions with an average rate of +/-5 seconds/day with a maximum daily variation of +/-15 seconds/day;
  • the Top grade is adjusted in five positions with an average rate of +/-4 seconds/day with a maximum daily variation of +/-10 seconds/day.
The Chronometer grade must meet strict standards prescribed by the [COSC]: an average rate of -4/+6 with a maximum daily variation of +/-5 seconds/day.[SUP][11][/SUP]

·
Registered
190 Posts
the last time i set my D&D was about a month ago and now is running +50 sec.. also I agree with what perseus said.. might want to go back and swap it out..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts