WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

201 - 220 of 242 Posts

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
It was nice, but I think I was so drawn to the salmon to appreciate the Midas properly. The colours and textures work really well on it, but...oh man...that salmon!

Where in the UK are you? Nicholas is very good about meeting up with potential customers if you're close to his Canterbury showroom.
I'm in Huddersfield. If I ever find myself down there I'll definitely visit the showroom. Still haven't been to anordain's atelier, this damned pandemic...

·
Registered
259 Posts
The NTH Barracuda I was looking at made its way into the collection, along with a Lorier Neptune III. I shouldn't be looking at anything right now but I am having a hard time avoiding my newly discovered desire for a Ball Roadmaster Icebreaker.

·
Premium Member
39,825 Posts
I'm in Huddersfield. If I ever find myself down there I'll definitely visit the showroom. Still haven't been to anordain's atelier, this damned pandemic...
I'd love to get up to anOrdain too. After I'd reviewed the Model 2 I had been tempted to take a trip up there.

·
Registered
15,286 Posts
The last 2 that have come in, completely satisfied to say the least . . .

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Reactions: drhr

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Actually JUST purchased this from Seiya, and super excited for it to get here: Citizen Chronomaster AQ4041 (with the A060 eco drive movement):

Just out of curiosity, what made you go for this model over one of the washi paper models?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
47 Posts
Just out of curiosity, what made you go for this model over one of the washi paper models?

Not really a fan of the textured dial surface (or white faced watches in general; champagne is fine). I already have a similar Grand Seiko watch that is a black dial, and the blue just looks very refreshing and will stand out color wise from my collection.

But now you're making me second guess..... are the washi paper ones a different league?

·
Registered
718 Posts
1. Grand Seiko sbgn003
2. Seiko spb151 willard reissue
3. Seiko spb147
4. Grand Seiko sbgx093

Then my collection is complete. I swear!

·
Registered
88 Posts
This is my current wanted list, complete with possible prices. Some I’ll get sooner than others

Omega Speedmaster $3-8,000
Citizen Alarm Date $3-400
Seiko Bellmatic $3-500
Seiko Orange Monster $3-500
Seiko Marinemaster $1,500-3,000
Seiko 6138 $5-700
Seiko 6139 $3-500
Ball Moonphase $2,000
Doxa Sub 300 $1,500-3,000
Vulcain Cricket
Clinton $300+
Sinn U1 $1,500-2,000

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Not really a fan of the textured dial surface (or white faced watches in general; champagne is fine). I already have a similar Grand Seiko watch that is a black dial, and the blue just looks very refreshing and will stand out color wise from my collection.

But now you're making me second guess..... are the washi paper ones a different league?
Too each their own. I do quite like textured dials so that is my preference. For the record I do quite like the bracelet design of the one you chose

·
Registered
163 Posts
Just one and that will be the end. In the next 12 months or so.

VC quai de l’ile. I am going to will it to my kids. After I die they can sell it off and give the proceeds to a charity.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Truthfully, I’ll probably just look into adding some quality accessories to protect my two-watch collection. First up will be a nice travel case - maybe the Discommon watch wallet 2.0. Then I’ll probably spring for some nice Bergeon tools (spring bar tweezer, screwdriver, bracelet block) for swapping out straps; followed by a variety of new straps (Everest curved end rubber for my OP36, C&B Chevron, maybe an Omega NATO for my Speedy, etc.). Finally happy with where my collection is at, so it’s on to adding all the little stuff.

·
Premium Member
4,065 Posts
Nothing at all. I’m car shopping. Might sell a piece or two in a few months.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hard question, so many on my radar !!
  • GS Snowflake, Skyflake, Gozilla, Autumn, Spring, 60th anniversary, Ginza ....
  • Omega Speemaster, blue side of the moon, white side, Snoopy, Tokyo Olympics, Apollo 11 45th...
  • Rolex Yactmaster Rose gold
  • All the Zelos I don t have yet
  • Axios Flagship
And so many others, will need 3 life times to collect them all 😂

·
Registered
136 Posts
Sold my vintage Rolex sub years ago, and still looking to replace it, but just cannot stomach current prices. Just this month sold my Benrus Type 1 and 2 models, give me a few months and I am sure I will be on the hunt to replace the Type 1. Never owned a Benrus Type 1 sterile, so that is definitely on the get before I croak list, if I can find one!

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
  • GMT - Grand Seiko SBGN003
  • GADA - Ball Engineer Pioneer
  • Pilot/Flieger - Sinn 857 B-UHR
  • Chronograph - Omega Speedmaster 38
  • Grail - Rolex Explorer or Datejust

201 - 220 of 242 Posts