WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!

When the watch is between 8pm - 2am, there is a danger to the date mechanism because the date change has been engaged. What is the danger?

Is it that one should not wind watch at that time?

It is it that one should not use date quick change?

It is it something else one should not do between 8pm -2am?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
528 Posts
I don't have an Omega but from their FAQ on their website they indicate between the hours of 8PM-2AM the "automatic date-change" is in operation, and you should avoid changing the date manually. It doesn't not say anything else, so winding and changing the time is ok.

Omega Date Change.PNG

·
Registered
3,774 Posts
Varies from model to model. The quick set hour hand isnt affected by the danger zone although it still stresses me so I dont risk it. I know thats completely ridiculous as its designed to be able to flip back the hour and the date but I cant bring myself to do it. I think theres also the outside chance it can stress or add wear to the date wheel. I had an AT with the 8900 movement which had the quick change hour and whilst researching it, I think I found a thread around here or maybe on another forum where the date function had a few issues and failed after a year or so. Maybe Archer will spot this thread and confirm/deny this. If you are referring to your nice new white SMP i would avoid messing with the date during the danger zone as it doesnt have the quick set hour. Youre fine winding it though. PS: Other things you should do between 8pm and 2am is eat bacon sandwiches or practice the drums.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Just don’t use the date quick change because the gears are engaged during that time slot, and you could damage them. No impact at all on winding the watch as far as I know.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts