WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What watch do you see as the best value for the money?

A) On the Used Market

B) From the AD

Mine are:

A) Rolex Milgauss and Omega Speedmaster

B) Rolex Daytona, Batgirl and Pepsi (if you can even get them from the AD). Other than that, I don't see much value in buying retail.

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
Best bang for your buck is not to jump into the wristwatch moneypit :p

In all seriousness though, I think Maurice Lacroix and Christopher Ward actually offer good bang for buck.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Right now, I’d argue that countless number of microbrands are winning the bang for your buck category. Christopher Ward, Raven, Halios, to name a few offer excellent workmanship and value. What they lack is in house movement (except for a couple CW models) and name.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
179 Posts
For the used market I would have to say Breguet & Blancpain steel sports models. You could by a type XX for under 4K. The trick is to never pay retail 😜

Brand new from AD would have to be Omega. Hell you could easily get 30-35% off MSRP just by asking. I suggest buying Co Axial or Lemania movements only.

Sidenote: My Marine 5817 went up $1800 last month. I think people are wising up & paying attention to high horology brands. A Rolex hulk is around 15K. For that same 15K you could get a Grand Seiko, Blancpain & a Breguet. Or a Glashutte, JLC & Jaquet Droz. Crazy right?

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
1. Maybe not the "best" but shout out to Seiko Astrons, if you can find like an 8x or 5x model for under like $700 or $800. I know still too much for a lot of people to pay for a quartz, but I would put the finishing on par with Grand Seiko, and accurate timing down to the second anywhere in the world, I think is worth it.

2. Patek Nautilus (haha)

·
Registered
987 Posts
I bought a used Milgauss a few years back, it was a very good deal but that was then. I ended up trading it for a new Milgauss with my AD with a discount and getting all of my money back on my trade. Best bang for me lately has been a slightly used Omega Planet Ocean 8500 and a used '06 Seamaster SMP that was recently serviced. The Planet Ocean is the best bang for the buck if your looking for a real tough Sub, Diver type piece.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,624 Posts
Preowned GS is amazing value.

I also agree that CW is tremendous value for money.

Brand new Rolex comes to mind due to the hype train and ability to flip for instant profit. If you couldn't sell though and we're talking just "the watch" for the price asked, they are not good value at all.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Not too certain about the original questions, but what I am certain is that the F91-W was, and is the single worst value watch for me. Bought 10 of these and gave 9 out to friends a couple years back. Last I checked they're all long gone, likely in the trash, and mine takes up more space in the watch box than it's worth TBH. Seriously, I've yet to lose more money on any watch, AD purchases included. Knock on wood.

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Borealis, helson, zelos. You did say bang for buck, 7k is buck for bang very different thing.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Preowned GS is amazing value.

I also agree that CW is tremendous value for money.

Brand new Rolex comes to mind due to the hype train and ability to flip for instant profit. If you couldn't sell though and we're talking just "the watch" for the price asked, they are not good value at all.
I'm very glad I came across your post. Never envisioned myself buying a CW so I've done very little homework on the brand previously, but recently I couldn't pass up what seemed like a killer deal on a C65 Trident Diver on sale. It was very much an impulse purchase, and when buyer's remorse kicked in pretty soon after I was hunting for reviews across forums. I'm convinced some of the reviews/opinions are paid for, so it's nice to hear it from a familiar voice. Barring QC issues I'm thinking this one will be a keeper. I reckon, at $400, it's a pretty solid bang for buck in the watch world.

Reactions: Simon and jkpa

·
Premium Member
3,624 Posts
I'm very glad I came across your post. Never envisioned myself buying a CW so I've done very little homework on the brand previously, but recently I couldn't pass up what seemed like a killer deal on a C65 Trident Diver on sale. It was very much an impulse purchase, and when buyer's remorse kicked in pretty soon after I was hunting for reviews across forums. I'm convinced some of the reviews/opinions are paid for, so it's nice to hear it from a familiar voice. Barring QC issues I'm thinking this one will be a keeper. I reckon, at $400, it's a pretty solid bang for buck in the watch world.
View attachment 15376034

excellent choice. I’ve had no issues with mine - the C60 GMT is my 5th CW. Plus you have five year warranty and their customer service is fantastic in my experience. I think you will enjoy it :)

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
excellent choice. I’ve had no issues with mine - the C60 GMT is my 5th CW. Plus you have five year warranty and their customer service is fantastic in my experience. I think you will enjoy it :)
+1
CW has some great watches. Have had the C65 Vintage Trident too for a couple years and really like it. Also have a couple other CWs (C65 GMT and C1 Russell). Happy with all three. Great value, discount or not. Quality, finish, etc. punches above its class.

·
Registered
812 Posts
+1
CW has some great watches. Have had the C65 Vintage Trident too for a couple years and really like it. Also have a couple other CWs (C65 GMT and C1 Russell). Happy with all three. Great value, discount or not. Quality, finish, etc. punches above its class.
Thanks guys! Can't wait.

Reactions: jkpa

·
Registered
44 Posts
A. Omega Seamaster (particularly pre-2010)

B. Rolex Oyster Perpetual

1 - 20 of 64 Posts