WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
they can make other types like sportswatches or grand complications but i'm only interested in brands that make the best dress watches. they also don't have to be super thin manual winds only though those certainly do count so dress watch by definition for this thread can be a little loose..

·
Registered
23,771 Posts
Patek Philippe. Bring money.
For value you can't beat Mido or Tissot.

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
PP, ALS, and Breguet are my favorites when cost is no issue. Then Blancpain and JLC...

Otherwise I like the Frederique Classiques line for the price/value and rarity. Maurice Lacroix makes some very attractive models too.

Reactions: saturnian

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
PP, ALS, VC...etc...for sure...but for the price I must say this one:

Great Brand
In-house caliber
timeless design
GMT complication
and is less than 4.000€
can't find another watch with similar features/brand status at this price point

·
Registered
20,576 Posts
If you define "best" by number of watches sold and seen then it should be something like Rolex or Seiko.

·
Ball Watch, Bremont and Longines moderator
11,594 Posts
I like a few of the Zenith Elite watches, Grand Seiko, a few UN, Jaquet Droz and add Glashutte Original. Most of the others that have been mentioned are great but I don't connect to the designs. Since a dress watch for me is a few hours a week piece I've settled on a Ball Trainmaster Power Reserve, but will probably trade up to a Zenith or a GO next year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
585 Posts
If you talk about pure dress watches, AP's Jules Audemars and JLC 's Ultra Thins are hard to beat. if you want to add a bit of complications ALS and GO also come into play.

Ali

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
JLC and ALS, PP and VC, Rolex and Cartier

Kindest Regards,
Portauto

·
Premium Member
2,879 Posts
PP, ALS, Breguet, Blancpain, and JLC on the high end.

Zenith, B&M, IWC, Frederique Constant, Maurice Lacroix, and Raymond Weil following.

At the end of the day, it is relative to your preference and your wallet. If price is not an issue, then anything your heart desires. Bang for buck I would probably go JLC or Zenith.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts