WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings All,

I just aquired a U1 on rubber for the fourth time (WIS ADD!) and I am thinking about adding the bracelet. I haven't seen any good pics of the bracelet however and am wondering about the clasp construction.

Is it a double pushbutton clasp like the rubber strap clasp, or just a snap shut deal like all the other Sinn bracelet clasps?

If it's a snap shut clasp, how secure is it and how does it hold up in the long run? (On some snap shut clasps the flip lock can get pretty loose in time and need to be rebent pretty regularly.)

Also does anyone know if the rubber strap clasp fits onto the bracelet?

Thanks in advance for any insights you Sinn'ers can offer :-d

Regards,
Alphonse

·
Registered
145 Posts
Hi there Alphonse

Unfortunately I didn't have a complete shot of the clasp when I was replying thi sthread, but this is what I have got for you.

The clasps on the bracelet is of a snap shut type pretty much like all the other Sinn bracelet clasps.

I have only owned it less than a month to tell if it will hold in the long run but as for now it feels kinda tight. Well I ain't too sure if the rubber strap clasp will fit onto a bracelet....

Hope it helps to a certain extend

Cheers

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hope it helps to a certain extend
Yes, very helpful thank you :)

I was hoping for something more modern and secure, like with some sort of button lock but I may still go for it anyway. I had the bracelet for my old EZM1 and was definitely not thrilled with the quality of it, but it also had hollow end links and the U series is at least SEL so there is some improvement.

Regards,
Alphonse

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Hope these pics are helpful, I took them this summer when I first got mine. The clasp is hard to unhinge and it takes some concerted effort with your thumb to flip open the locking clasp and more effort to unhinge the clasp itself. I have two ss bracelets, one with the UX and one with the U2 and both are exactly the same. Both are much harder to scratch than the clasp on the rubber set-up.

This set-up is very secure. If your going to break your fingernails off opening it up, it's secure.

All the best,
Tim

1 - 4 of 4 Posts