WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Re: What is the current "best" Seiko diver?

Darth tuna (new or old)
SD Tuna
MM300

Those are my favorites. That's about all I can subjectively say.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
You're going to get so many different answers to this question and none of them will be the right answer, because there is no right answer.

Edit:
i am an idiot. i mean to put <$500 retail.
That narrows it down a bit more but you'll still get quite a few different answers, most people will say the Turtle reissue.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
What defines "best" for you personally? Begin there. Because that's all that matters anyway. I could tell you why I think it's the Sumo, but if you just don't care for it, what's the point?

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
I don't have near as much experience with Seiko as most of you guys, but I gotta say that the Turtle is hard to beat. I picked it up as a fun summer watch to do a bleached bezel mod on, but I never expected to like it as much as I do, and I'm wearing it more often than I ever figured I would as well. Even on days when I wear other watches, I find myself coming home and throwing on the Turtle on a NATO at some point in the day. The thing just oozes coolness, super comfortable, hacking/handwinding, Seiko toughness, Seiko Lume, Seiko heritage. What more could you ask for? And at a price that can't be beat. I tried the SKX and just couldn't bond with it. The amount of watch you get with the Turtle over the SKX for such a small price increase is amazing (IMO).

·
Premium Member
71,532 Posts
You can probably swing the SPB053 with your budget though in all honesty all Seiko divers could be described as "best" IMO.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
You can probably swing the SPB053 with your budget though in all honesty all Seiko divers could be described as "best" IMO.
SPB053 for less than $500USD? They cost about £800 in the UK. Are we really getting ripped off that badly over here? One of the things that actually put me off buying an SPB051 was seeing how much some people in the US were getting them for compared to how much I'd need to pay, which is close to a grand. I couldn't spend that much on one knowing there are people buying them for half the price elsewhere.

·
Registered
12,423 Posts
SPB053 for less than $500USD? They cost about £800 in the UK. Are we really getting ripped off that badly over here? One of the things that actually put me off buying an SPB051 was seeing how much some people in the US were getting them for compared to how much I'd need to pay, which is close to a grand. I couldn't spend that much on one knowing there are people buying them for half the price elsewhere.
Creation sold a few at $475 a while back.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22,215 Posts
Re: What is the current &quot;best&quot; Seiko diver?

What is the best car, what is the best phone, what is the best woman?

Sorry, but these kind of threads are pointless as what's best for you, may not be for me.

There is no best of anything as far as I'm concerned, It's what you like the most is all that matters.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts