WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:)Hello to everyone..!

Is there any difference between the Seiko SKX009K2 (dive watch) and the Seiko SKX175 (dive watch)? Both appear to be automatc (cal. 7S26) 200m, dark blue dial dive watches with stainless steel jubilee bands. Both feature Pepsi blue/red unidirectional bezels. I noticed that the 009 model seem to cost approximately $10 to 15 more compared to the 175 model according to my internet research.

Any information is greatly appreciated!

Thank you!:thanks

Regards,

·
Registered
6,894 Posts
Actually valvestem, those photos are both of the 175.

Here's an 009:

And here's a 175:

Notice on the 009 it has the jewel count below the depth rating, and says on the dial 'Made in Japan'.

Those are the reasons for the higher cost to purchase. Some buyers feel the 'Made in Japan' is worth a little more.

·
Registered
10,604 Posts
Actually, those two pics are both SKX009s. An SKX175 will say MOV'T SINGAPORE on the dial for an older model, or MOV'T MALAYSIA for a newer one. The caseback is also marked similarly. But for all intents and purposes, they're identical. Made in the same factory with all the same parts except the dial and caseback with different printing. Also, the SKX175 is only available on the jubilee bracelet, while the SKX009 comes in various strap configurations.

This pic shows the additional dial text:

Pic by Ed Rader

·
Registered
6,894 Posts
Actually, those two pics are both SKX009s. An SKX175 will say MOV'T SINGAPORE on the dial for an older model, or MOV'T MALAYSIA for a newer one. The caseback is also marked similarly. But for all intents and purposes, they're identical. Made in the same factory with all the same parts except the dial and caseback with different printing. Also, the SKX175 is only available on the jubilee bracelet, while the SKX009 comes in various strap configurations.

This pic shows the additional dial text:

Pic by Ed Rader
Looks like we found the same pics :-d

·
Registered
10,604 Posts

Here's an 009:

And here's a 175:

Notice on the 009 it has the jewel count below the depth rating, and says on the dial 'Made in Japan'.

Those are the reasons for the higher cost to purchase. Some buyers feel the 'Made in Japan' is worth a little more.
You're slightly off on this one - see my reply below. Both of valvestem's pics were actually 009 pics, as they didn't have the movement origin information on the dial. What you've shown is the 009J variant, which is a different animal from the standard 009K for the reasons you mentioned. So this is the full list:

SKX009K - Made for non-US markets & has no special markings

SKX009J - Made for Japan and some niche markets like the Middle East. Has MADE IN JAPAN and 21 JEWELS on the dial.

SKX175 - Made for the US market. Identical to the SKX009K except for country of origin information on the dial and caseback.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Good information here indeed. Does the Seiko SKX009J have English day/date and Arabic or Roman Numerals for the day wheel instead of Spanish? Or, is it Japanese symbols. I've seen some of the Japanese models with either English/Roman Numerals or Arabic/Roman Numerals and Japanese Symbols?

Cheers..!

·
Registered
10,604 Posts
Good information here indeed. Does the Seiko SKX009J have English day/date and Arabic or Roman Numerals for the day wheel instead of Spanish? Or, is it Japanese symbols. I've seen some of the Japanese models with either English/Roman Numerals or Arabic/Roman Numerals and Japanese Symbols?

Cheers..!
The 009J almost always has an Arabic/English day wheel, but there could be some other variations. I don't think Seiko makes any watches with Kanji characters anymore, but I could be wrong. Spanish, Arabic, and Roman numerals are the only ones I remember seeing on current production watches.

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
Thanks for the:-! correction Topher & Gabe, guess I can't depend on the web's online dealers to depict correct pics of the actual models.:-(

Here's an 009:

And here's a 175:

·
Registered
10,604 Posts
Thanks for the:-! correction Topher & Gabe, guess I can't depend on the web's online dealers to depict correct pics of the actual models.:-(
Yeah, it's pretty common. Though most vendors probably aren't watch geeks that know every arcane detail of the watches like we do! I actually bought my SKX175 from Amazon, and when it showed up, it was actually a SKX009. Fine with me anyway, since I prefer less text on the dial whenever possible.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.