WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the least expensive new and still available G-Shock with full analog display? Full analog meaning NOT digital or analog-digital, and using only hands and dials.

I've done some research myself and it occurs to me that anything analog equals more money in the G-Shock world. I wonder what you guys think and what models you can find.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Are you inspired by your recently re-posted disassembly video of G-Shock-HighFashion? I know I am. :)

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
What is the least expensive new and still available G-Shock with full analog display? Full analog meaning NOT digital or analog-digital, and using only hands and dials.

I've done some research myself and it occurs to me that anything analog equals more money in the G-Shock world. I wonder what you guys think and what models you can find.
The cheapest on RRP is the GW-3000B. Of course you might find a good deal on others.

The next two cheapest are the GS-1400 and the GW-4000.

Mitch

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
The ones I’m aware is gw3000 and gw4000, sometimes gwa1000 and mtg1200. Unless you count the date window as digital display too.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are you inspired by your recently re-posted disassembly video of G-Shock-HighFashion? I know I am. :)
Yeah, and also I never have an analog G-Shock before so looking to have my 1st.

To all others, thanks for the input so far will look into those models.

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Yeah, and also I never have an analog G-Shock before so looking to have my 1st.

To all others, thanks for the input so far will look into those models.
I had analog fever (including ana-digi) for a while and my favorite by far is the GWA1100, granted i was never able to afford MTG, MRG lines.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
gac100/110 series
quite a few other colour available
around $100-150US |>

what do i win? :p
My goodness, I didn't know they still sell real G-Shocks with an actual crown! ;-) Just a basic analog watch with chronograph, which you need to do manual date adjustment depends on how many days the month has. I also hate chronograph watch with a big second hand parking there blocking the view. So no go man!

But for your effort, I called Ibe san and he agreed to give you a bow. :-d

·
Registered
7,143 Posts
My goodness, I didn't know they still sell real G-Shocks with an actual crown! ;-) Just a basic analog watch with chronograph, which you need to do manual date adjustment depends on how many days the month has. I also hate chronograph watch with a big second hand parking there blocking the view. So no go man!
hey! you wanted cheap analog err-thang so thats what you got! all that criteria wouldve been helpful if you posted that originally! :p haha

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
hey! you wanted cheap analog err-thang so thats what you got! all that criteria wouldve been helpful if you posted that originally! :p haha
I should have clarified, you have fully answered my title question: "what is the least expensive full analog G-Shock?" And that the least expensive full analog G-Shock is the GAC series. Hence the bow from Ibe. ;-)

But it's just me being picky that the GAC won't be my watch. As of this point I still haven't make up my mind on which analog G to get, it's just not a whole lot of choices in this category. I might just wait for a break in the pricing for the MTG-B1000, since it checks all my boxes except the price. ;-)

·
Registered
7,143 Posts
agreed on the mtgb, will be a long while before i get one to try. as far as all ana's go, personally id just go with a nice used gwa1000

or splurging on a gwa1100. in fact im still considering the -2a or the fc after all these years. great looking watch imo

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Both the GWA1000 and GWA1100 look very good. I regret I didn't pick one of these up few years back, when there were more available. Now they are harder to find and not as many colorways to choose from.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
I should have clarified, you have fully answered my title question: "what is the least expensive full analog G-Shock?" And that the least expensive full analog G-Shock is the GAC series. Hence the bow from Ibe. ;-)

;-)
The GAC series are all out of production though aren't they?

Mitch

1 - 20 of 20 Posts